03. forgive and forget

yasavinggrace Thank you for making the cover!!

"I'm tired of this boring thing I call life

"I'm tired of this boring thing I call life. There is no way out, I'm miserable and even that's an understatement. But there's this girl. She's different."
~J.W

I read those words out loud to myself, and when I did. . . I practically choked. There's no way Jace freaking Walker is miserable. I just can't believe it. And what girl was he talking about?

This is getting way to far. I'm acting crazy, I'm invading his privacy, and he was so nice to me yesterday.

Jace can get anyone he wants. Girls practically throw themselves at him, and I've heard so many rumours. Maybe it was all a lie? But he isn't so bad though. Maybe when I ran into him yesterday at school he was in a bad mood, something probably happened? Anyway, it's none of my business. I needed to get a life.

Come on Scarlett get it together!

I jumped off my bed and put the diary in it's normal place.

Ava doesn't even know what happened last year, and I didn't necessarily plan on telling her any time soon. But you could never be too careful. I have more problems, more problems then anyone would think.

---

"I'm so sorry Scar, if I knew what happened I would have left right away." Ava apologized over and over again. I had explained to her what happened last night with the attacker. But I didn't tell her everything. I just said how some guy followed me out because I wanted to get some fresh air. I could see that she felt bad so I decided to let it go. I didn't need all the drama. Plus, I didn't want to make her feel bad. "Why didn't you tell me?" She pleaded.

"Don't worry about it Ava, I still love you." I said feeling sorry for her.

We laughed it off and walked in different directions as I waved her goodbye.

First period was math and I sighed. I walked over to my locker and got my books. I looked in my small mirror I had put in my locker to see if my cheek was still red. I had covered it up with foundation and concealer but you never know.

I realized that there wasn't anything there, so I closed my locker but I was surprised to see who was standing beside it.

A small gasp escaped my lips and I quickly slapped my hand over my mouth to stop any other noises.

Jace?

Why is Jace at my locker?

"Hey," he simply said leaning back onto the lockers.

"Uh... hi?" I said, but it came out as more of a question. I'm sure he could read my confused expression because I barely knew Jace Walker.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry." he said his face softening. "I realized where I recognized you from."

Does he still feel bad about yesterday? It had nothing to do with him. "Oh no don't worry about yesterday, it was a stupid-" I was cut off by his sharp voice.

"No I'm sorry about that too but, I came here to tell you that I'm sorry for the way I acted yesterday, when I bumped into you."

"Oh no it's okay! I bumped into you." I paused not knowing if I should continue. "About last night... can you not-" I was cut off by Jace's voice yet again.

"Don't worry about it. I won't tell anyone." He said quickly.

I nodded my head understanding but not fully. I don't know why but something's weird about this.

"But there was something about yesterday." He said slowly and my heart nearly jumped out of my chest.

He knew. He was going to tell everyone.

"I think you might have seen-"

"Scarlett?" I heard a voice say behind me. I turned around to see Sofia Emerson, a smile clearly on her face. "Oh. . . I'm sorry." she apologized pushing back her long hair. I knew Sofia because she was in my history class.

"Hey Sofia," I said slowly, "no problem." I turned back to Jace and smiled lightly. "Well, thank you again, I'll see you around. " I said before walking off with Sofia not even waiting for Jace's response.

Thank god.

"You were talking to Jace Walker?" She asked quietly.

"Yeah so?" I asked confused.

"Oh no it's nothing, I just wanted to catch up." She smiled but her voice was unsure.

"Right. . . how are you Sofia?"

"I'm great Scarlett." She let out a breath. "Anyways I'll see you later, have fun in math class." She said as we stopped right in front of my class. "Come find me later." I waved her a goodbye and walked into the classroom.

I came to the realization that Jace was in fact in my math class. I laughed at the thought. Yesterday he just skipped so that's why I never saw him.

Whatever it doesn't really matter. Does it?

I was wrong because math class went by so slow. The whole time I could feel Jace's eyes burning holes into my back. I tried to ignore him but our eyes met a couple of times.

---

As soon as class was done I jumped up and grabbed my bag, then bolted for the door just wanting to get to my next class as soon as possible.

"You don't like school, do you?"

"What?" I turned around a little too quickly, and I saw what looked to be Alex James. I recognized him vaguely from Ava's descriptions. "Oh. . . you're-"

"Alex," he smiled showing off his straight teeth. "Alex James, nice to meet you."

"Nice too meet you too." I forced a smile and my voice was a little too high, as if I was talking to a baby. So I cleared my throat and said, "I'm Scarlett by the way." I didn't mean to be weird, he just stunned me.

"I know," he said slowly as he brought up his left hand and ran it through his short brown hair. "You're new here, word gets around."

Alex wasn't that tall but he definitely wasn't short and his brown hair was swooped back as if he had been running his hands through it all day.

"Right," was all I said.

"Okay well," he smiled again and his face looked younger like you couldn't tell he was older, his skin was porcelain almost. "I'll see you around Scarlett."

"See you?" I said, then I shook my head in confusion. But despite that I walked over to my next class.