36. this isn't the end just yet

"Come on this ride with me Scarlett!" Megan yelled

"I'm sorry Meg but I'm going to have to say no to this one. But you know how much I love Ferris Wheels right? It's just my arm still hurts." Even though I had taken off my cast a while ago.

"Okay, okay maybe I need to take a break." Megan said with a big sigh.

"No way girl!" Zoey yelled, "I'm up for it."

"Okay!" Megan smiled, "What about you Ava?"

Ava shook her head covering her green eyes from the sun. "I'm going to go get some candy with Leo, Bella, and Cass."

"Blake you have to come with me." Megan begged to her boyfriend.

"Fine Megan. Only because I like you. Not because I like going on Ferris wheels." Blake sighed.

"Great!" Megan squealed pulling Blake and Zoey along with her.

I turned over and looked at Jace. "Looks like this leaves us. . . alone." I winked.

"Nice try." Jace winked back at me.

"What can I say? I really like you Jace Walker." I said pulling him for a kiss.

"You're not so bad yourself Scarlett Everwood."

"You can call me Blair now, if you want." I said but I didn't really mean it. It was my real name, but it reminded me of a time in a my life, where I didn't want to be.

"Really?" Jace ask putting a piece of my blonde hair behind my ear.

I nodded, "It's my name after all." But Blair still seemed so different.

"I'll always be here." He said while pulling me into a tight hug. "Don't push yourself into something you don't want."

"You're right Jace. I don't know why I said that. Blair reminds me of things I don't want to be necessary reminded of." I frowned.

"You're right, like I said don't force yourself into something you don't want." Jace said smiling. "Thanks for everything."

"What do you mean?" I asks confused.

"Well, you see before I met you I was a really shitty person. .  . you may or may not know this." He smiled.

"Oh, I know." I laughed. "If we're going to get all serious here thank you too, for everything."

"What do you mean?" Jace said mocking me.

"Well, you see before I met you I was just a scared girl running away from her crazy boyfriend." I said with a sad smile.

"Hey," Jace said rubbing my back, "you weren't a scared girl."

"That's the thing Jace, yes I was. I was always so scared that he would come back for me. That was always on my mind. I would never stop and think. . . hey maybe it's making you crazy. It was my fault I had to go to therapy. It was my fault I couldn't stop thinking about him."

"Don't say that. It wasn't your fault. Stop blaming yourself for what Adam did to you. Do you understand? It wasn't your fault and it never will be." Jace said firmly pulling me into yet another hug.

"Okay," I said hugging him back, "when do you think the nightmares will stop?"

"I honestly don't know, but you have me." Jace said with that boyish smile I always loved.

"Thank you." I smiled. "How is Maddie?"

He thought for a second before answering, "Okay, I guess. I think she'll be a lot better if you talked to her. I know what she did to you was horrible and I'm not asking you to forgive her but-"

"I forgive her." I said quickly interrupting him mid-sentence.

"What?"

I laughed, "You heard me Jace. I forgive her. I know what Adam was doing to her too. She basically had no other choice. He was going to take her life away. I couldn't ask her to jump in front of the train for me."

"Wow," Jace said slowly. "I've never met someone so nice."

"Thanks," A smiled came onto my lips. "take lessons." I suddenly pulled out my phone. "Look it's 11:11."

Jace shrugged, "So. . ."

"You don't understand." I laughed. "It's suppose to mean something special. I don't know exactly what but come here." I said pulling him into another kiss.

Our lips moved slowly together. "Hey!" Megan yelled. "I'm sorry lovebirds, but that ride was amazing."

"Yeah," Blake said slowly putting a hand over his stomach, his face was also slightly green. "real fun."

"Dude are you okay? You look like you're about to puke." Jace said and Blake waved him off mumbling that he was okay.

"Scarlett and Jace you guys have to come on this ride with us." Zoey said raising her eyebrows up and down. 

I laughed, "Where's Ava, Bella, and Leo?"

"Right here Scar!" Ava yelled as she gave me a hug.

"So are you guys like dating or. . ." Bella asked suddenly.

"Yes we are." Jace said quickly and I looked up at him and smiled. I looked over at Blake nervously but he smiled and nodded. I felt my heart slow down to it's normal pace.

"That's awesome!" Cassie squealed. "I'm so happy for you guys."

Leo smiled and nodded. "Better not mess this up dude, she's a keeper."

"Thanks Leo. I love you more." I laughed.

"I'm starving. Who's ready to get a bite?" Blake asked.

"I sure as hell am!" Megan yelled.

This is where I wanted to be. Surrounded by the people I love. I couldn't thank them enough. I never would have thought in a million years that I would have a loving boyfriend and awesome friends. Before I met Jace I was afraid to speak my mind and say the things I really wanted to say. Adam had shaped me into something I definitely didn't want to be. And after all of this Jace has been by my side. But the one thing Jace really taught me, is to never judge anyone from the first time you meet them.

Jace was someone I did not think would be the person he is today. But oh this isn't the end just yet.

"I'm still mad at you." Jace whispered in my ear.

"Why?" I whispered back. "And why are we whispering?"

"For stealing my diary!" Jace smiled, "Oh you're in big trouble Scarlett Everwood." He said as he pulled me into a kiss. A kiss that changed my life.

FIN

OK SO I would like to say thank you to everyone who even read a word in this story, although it's the end I've had a wonderful time writing this story. I'm also sorry if this story wasn't the best it was my first story ahaha. I started writing it when I was like 13! Anyways I still love this story a lot because it's my first actual story! It's my little baby lmao. I LOVE YOU ALL❤️ Thank you again forever grateful.

- bri xoxo