05. secrets

Made by metavallie

It was now Sunday night and I had spent the whole day doing basically nothing

It was now Sunday night and I had spent the whole day doing basically nothing. It was a well needed day to think things through. All the stress was starting to come back, so I definitely needed to cool down. But then the thought popped in my head faster then I could process.

I have Jace Walker's diary.

Slowly I got off my bed and looked under it where I had placed the diary. I got on my knees and grabbed the black leather book and ran my fingers over it. God, I am such a horrible person for taking this. I felt like someone was watching me, and on top of everything Jace knows where I live. So what? He's not going to come here again.

Pushing away the feeling I had at the button of my stomach I flipped to a random page in his diary.

"I've lost a lot of people in my life, I hate sounding cheesy but it helped me grow in a way. But that girl though. . . she has taken my mind off of everything. I don't know her name but I know her face. That is enough until the next time I see her and we can actually be introduced."

~J.W

Wow. . . Jace seemed to really love this girl, even though they had never technically met each other. I knew the ideas in my head were not true. He was a good person with a heart.

---           

"Get up Scarlett!" I heard what sounded like my brother John yell from outside my door. But before I could even get up the door opened wide.

"JJ! What are you doing in here?" I practically yelled at my brother. Boys clearly do not understand what privacy is.

JJ laughed and pulled his long blonde hair out of his face. "I'm sorry Scar! Just excited to see you." He stopped talking and gave me a strange look.

"What's wrong?" I asked curiously looking at JJ.

"What's that," He said while pointing to the other side of my bed. "What is that black book?"

Oh shit. I quickly got up and grabbed the diary. I must have fell asleep reading it, which seems very creepy. "Oh this?" I held up the diary up so he could see, "Just some book I had to read for school." I forced a laugh. "Anyway, I need to go get ready." I smiled, and pointed towards the door. JJ had moved onto campus so he didn't come home that often. But when he did I was so happy. I loved John more than anything.

"Sorry B, I'll leave now." He said as my smile quickly faded.

"Don't call me that." I suddenly snapped keeping my eyes fixed on the floor.

"I'm sorry Scarlett I totally forgot. I haven't been seen you in ages!" He said his voice shaking.

A small smile grew back to my face as I shook my head. "Don't worry about it, I'll see you downstairs. I'm going to go get dressed."

He nodded and I closed my door slowly. I hated when he called me that. It brought back unwanted memories.

I walked over to my bathroom and took a quick shower letting all my worries wash away.

I came out, dried my hair and applied a little bit of makeup.

I walked over to my closet and picked out black ripped skinny jeans, and a white laced top. I thought I looked cute, cuter then I usually did. I smiled at myself in the mirror.

I reached for my brush and brushed out my shoulder length brown hair.

I turned around and sprinted down the stairs.

"How's ballet doing Scar?" JJ asked chewing on a piece of bread.

I shook my head narrowing my eyebrows. "I had to stop for a while, you know why. I'll be starting up today."

He smiled showing off his perfect white teeth. John had long blonde hair and blue eyes. We now looked nothing alike. But JJ is like my younger brother but he was still actually older than me. Does that make sense?

"Oh yeah, well that's great. How are you doing these days?" He asked tilting his head to the side.

"I'm fine JJ, don't worry about me. How's college? Is it like very huge?"

He laughed and threw his head back. "Slow down, but yes it's huge and it's great."

Mia sudden popped into my head, JJ's girlfriend. . . well the last time I checked.

"How's Mia, are you two still dating?" I asked not sure if I should have.

He looked up slowly nodding his head up and down. "Yeah, she's great." He said but he didn't seem so sure.

"Is everything okay?" I asked taking a bite from his toast.

"Yeah everything's perfect. I missed you though." He smiled warmly.

"I missed you too JJ." I said using his nickname. My dad's name is also John so that's where the Jr comes in. One J for Jr and the other for John.

"I'm going to be late, I'll see you after school."

"Where's mom and dad?" He asked suddenly.

"On a business trip, like they always are." I said with a loud sigh. "Anyways I'll see you later JJ."

"Bye!" JJ said his mouth filled with food.

I laughed at my silly brother and went outside to my car. Then my mind went to think about Ballet. I haven't been there in a while, I never did tell anyone why I left except for Mrs. Jackson.

---

With a big sigh I got out of my car and walked into Redwood High. "Hey Scar what's going on?" Ava asked pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Nothing much, JJ came to visit." I said shrugging at Ava. I didn't feel the need to tell her that Jace came all the way to my house to see if I was okay. She would totally lose it.

"Oh," She said keeping her eyes on the ground. Her face turning a light shade of pink.

What did I say? Does she know something I don't? "What's wrong now Ava?" I asked sighing heavily.

She smiled but her eyes didn't really seem to get the message. She shook her head side to side, then took a hair tie out of her bag and pulled her blonde hair up into a ponytail.

I frowned at her sudden mood swing. "What about JJ?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" She asked biting her lip. Whenever she did that I knew it meant that she was nervous. "Just drop it, okay Scar? There's nothing wrong with John I'm just really tired." She huffed walking away suddenly.

I sighed and continued to get my math binder out of my locker. It's first period and lucky me I have math in the morning. Great way to start off the day.

"You need to stay away from him." A voice from behind me said.

I turned about to see a familiar face.

What did he want with me? I've talked to him once, and stay away from who?

---
AN
HEY GUYS. I have decided to update at least once every week. (I know it's Thursday night but I wanna get this chapter out earlier because I'm really busy tomorrow!!)

Vote, comment, and share with friends!!

Love you