𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐁𝐎𝐘

────── ★★★ ──────

After two weeks and many unsuccessful attempts at convincing Killian to leave Neverland, Everly found herself sitting on one of the railings trying and failing to chart the new star constellations due to her inability to concentrate on the world around her. While her eyes scanned the stars in the sky, her mind kept going back to Killian and how the death of Milah has really changed him.

The pirate captain never came out of his quarters unless it was to give the men orders and the only one he was ever remotely happy to see was Everly. As she sat there, watching the twinkling lights in the sky, she silently prayed that something would happen that would snap the blue-eyed man out of his depression. Unknown to the young pirate, the world answered her pleas when a boy was dropped by Peter Pan's shadow before landing in the water near the Jolly Roger with a loud splash.

The unexpected sound caused Everly to jump and almost send her newly made maps into the water below. Once she regained her bearings, the blonde girl let out a quiet sigh before looking over the edge of the ship and into the dark water to see a boy floating face down in the water. Before a thought could even go through Everly's head, the crashing of the cabin door against the wall filled the air before Killian stormed across the deck. The pirate captain stopped at the blonde girl's side right as the crew shined a light down on the boy.

The Jones girl stayed as still as a stone as she watched them use a rope to pull the boy up the side of the ship and over the railing before laying him down on the deck. Once he came in contact with the dry surface, the boy began to cough up a ton of water before Everly and Killian made their way over to stand in front of him.

"Good lad. Get the sea out of your lungs."

As soon as his coughing came to a stop, the brunette boy slowly looked up at everyone in front of him with wide, confused eyes before they landed on me. After a moment of the youngest people on the ship just staring at each other, a small reassuring smile made its way onto Everly's lips and the boy hesitantly returned the gesture before it fell as his eyes landed back on Killian.

"Who are you?" the boy questioned in a tone that screamed he was faking the confidence he was showing.

"The name's Hook. Captain Hook," Killian told the boy while Everly mentally tolled her eyes at his new self-established nickname, "welcome aboard the Jolly Roger, my boy."

As soon as the boy takes in the given information, he got a somewhat irritated look on his face before he let out a quiet sigh and placed his head back on the deck. After exchanging a look with Killian, Everly helped the boy to his feet and took him below deck to get dried off and some rest. Once she thought he was comfortable enough, the blonde girl left the room Killian let him stay in before making her way back up to the deck.