𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍

────── ★★★ ──────

Like all the other nights since Baelfire escaped Neverland, Everly sat in silence in the bamboo cage she learned to call home as she looked up at the stars, trying to remember the many maps she drew and the happier times she shared with Killian. After spending this much time locked up and not talking to anyone, the blonde girl realized what she was truly afraid of.

Being alone.

After a while of stargazing, Everly's eyes slowly closed before she began to doze off. Just as she felt herself falling into a deep sleep, her eyes shot back open at the sound of a twig snapping before her ears picked up footsteps approaching. A long moment passed before their movement stopped, making the blonde girl sit up as straight as possible before she looked around in the darkness for any sign of life. When she came up empty, a small sigh escaped her before she went to lie back down, only for a loud thud to cut through the silence before her cage began to shake. That continued for another moment or two before the sound of a rope snapping replaced the thudding then her cage landed on the ground and shattered into a million pieces.

Her body became as still as a statue as she sat on the broken pieces of her bamboo cage while waiting for Pan to appear. When no one showed themselves right away, Everly looked over to where the tree that was holding up her prison stood, only to find the other part of the cut rope cut and a shadowy figure with a dagger in his hand standing next to the tree.

"Who are you?" the lone Lost Girl questioned as she slowly got to her feet before fully facing the boy before he reached up and pulled the hood off his head to reveal the familiar face of Felix.

"You need to get out of here, now. They'll be back soon."

"Is this some sort of trick?"

"I shouldn't have helped him lock you up. You don't deserve this. Now go!"

"What about you?" Everly found herself asking the blonde boy without even thinking, only to be greeted by the sound of footsteps approaching. The two of them stared at each other in silence for another short moment then the blank expression on the boy's face transformed into determination before he told her to run.

Her eyes stayed on his face a second longer before Everly sent him a grateful smile then she sprinted into the dark woods without even thinking about looking back. After running for what felt like forever and trying not to trip over her unused feet, the Jones girl came to a stop before leaning against a tree to catch my breath. While she regained her bearings, the blonde looked around and listened for any signs of the Lost Boys or Pan following her, only to be greeted by pure silence. A small sigh passed over her lips as she prepared herself to continue her journey through the dark forest before her eyes landed on a cave in the distance.