𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐁𝐎𝐘𝐒

────── ★★★ ──────

A few hours passed since word was sent to the Lost Boys of a boy being found floating in the Neverland waters. While the rest of the crew rushed about the Jolly Roger in preparation for the boys' arrival, Everly spent most of the day locked up in her cabin to avoid running into anyone as she tried to comprehend how Baelfire defended his father after everything that man did. When the sound of Smee barking orders reached her ears from the deck above her, the youngest pirate let out a long sigh to calm all the emotions that were flowing through her before getting to her feet and exiting her cabin.

Everly was stunned to see the crew on the top deck actually making an attempt to clean up the Jolly Roger as she made her way across the deck to stand at Killian's side. She was about to jump up to sit on the railing next to where the captain was steering the ship before her eyes landed on Baelfire, who was standing near the edge of the Jolly Roger while watching the waves roll by. The blonde girl just stared at the boy she was beginning to see as a brother for a long moment before she sent Killian a small smile then turned and made her way over to where Baelfire stood.

"Eager to go, I see," Everly greeted, making Baelfire slightly jump as she came to a stop at his side.

His eyes scanned over the girl in front of him while his mind played back all the conversations they shared before he let a long sigh pass over his lips and turned his attention back to the sea. "Just have them drop me off anywhere."

"And you really think you can survive on that island by yourself?"

"I've never been given the choice."

"Well, you have one now. You don't have to go," she said, only for him to continue to look out at the passing ocean. Her blue eyes scanned over the conflicting look on her face before she caught the hint of fear in his eyes. "Look, Bae, I get you're angry but it doesn't have to end like this. You won't be able to survive on your own on that island. Trust me, I've met the boys that live there and they aren't friendly. Just say the word and I'll have Killian turn this ship around and we can leave Neverland behind us."

"You say that but I can't stay on a ship full of pirates because all pirates care about are themselves," he hissed as he turned his body so he was fully facing the blonde-haired girl standing a foot away from him, "including you."

Before the shocked girl could say another word to him, Baelfire pushed past her and made his way towards the other side of the ship just as Killian came to a stop behind Everly. The blonde kept her eyes on the brunette boy's retreating figure for a short moment before looking up to meet the Pirate Captain's gaze. As soon as the man saw the look of betrayal on the face of the girl who has become his family, a look of disdain formed on his.