Sixteen

June 24th

It was now 6 pm when Jay just cut his 16th birthday cake. People came and congratulated him.

"I'll be back " I told him.
He just nodded.

I went to the kitchen to get us some drinks just to celebrate his birthday. I was adding ice in our drinks when I heard a blood curling scream.

It's time

I ran back to the dinning area and saw he was carried by Alpha,  we all followed them outside. Alpha put him on the grass to connect him more to the nature.

There was a huge circle around him, so I directed people just 20m away from him to connect to his other side- his wolf and ease his pain a little.

I stood there watching him from a distance and I was hurting to see him like that.

He was sweating so much, he was in great pain groaning all the time. He would scream once in a while.

I decided to get a cloth and a full bucket of cold water. I dabbed it on his forehead to ease the increasing temperature.

"Naylani, move from there. You might make it worse. " my momma said sternly.

My hand was on his chest now, right when I was about to get up his breathing became even, his groans and pain lessened. He reached for my hand with his eyes still closed, when he touched it he opened them. I fell lost in those blue eyes. "Don't leave me Lani, please" he begged with tears in his eyes.

"I won't, I promise you my prince. " I said cupping his face.

I kissed his hand and he smile since he has been going through the shift.

After an eerie of silence, I heard a bone crack.

My cue to leave, boo.

I stood up and gave him an assuring smile.

More bones cracked and more groans were heard from him. I couldn't take it, I closed my eyes, why do Alpha's shift have to be so much more painful?

Finally, I heard a growl. I opened my eyes and saw a black wolf... With a tint of light brown on it's right eye!

Oh my goddesses, just like the one in my dreams!

The Alpha howled and shifted into his black wolf, he was the largest. Everyone that had their wolves, shifted. They waited for Jay to balance himself on all fours.

He tried to stand up but fell and whimpered. "Come on, you can do it Jay" I motivated him.

He stood up again on his fours and steadied himself. He took a few steps and then a lot more to make sure he's ready for his first run.

Jay howled and ran towards Alpha and Luna. They howled to signal it's time. They dashed for the woods while we went to the pack house and waited for them
-
"Lani, thank you. " Jay said while sitting on my bed when I was busy showering.

"For? " I asked.

"Doing something no one else could've done - easing my shift."

I went into my closet ,I searched for Jay's shirt and my shorts.

"Jay, I could do anything for you" I said while putting my clothes and deodorant on.

I went to sit on my bed, I caught Jay looking at me, his pupils dilated and became charcoal. He sniffed and growled.

I gasped and jumped back.

"Jay?... Jay? Are you fine " I asked taking a few steps back until my back hit the wall.

Jay came closer and closer to me. His breathing bated on the neck.

"Mate! "