Chapter Fifteen, Sisters in Love

Chapter Fifteen

Shit! It had been hours since his therapy session with Danica and Blake still couldn’t shake the tension that tugged at every nerve in his body. He sat on a bar stool, nursing his fourth Jack and Coke, checking out the eye candy. Most women who drank at five in the afternoon were either waiting for a pack of noisy girlfriends or lonely old women hoping to feel young again. Blake wasn’t sure he cared which kind of woman he left the bar with, as long as he didn’t leave alone. He’d show her just how inadequate he was.

Pickings were sparse at Bar None. The redhead in the corner had been eye-raping him for the past hour. He found redheads to be aggressive, which he normally loved, but this time his ego needed a long, luscious stroke. Playful and hot, that would do it. He lifted his eyes to ESPN playing on the television above the bar.

“Imagine meeting you here.”

Blake turned around to find Kaylie’s firm breasts at eye level. The right side of his lips lifted into a smile. “It's the only bar in town where tourists don’t flock. You look like that and that’s the line you choose?” He laughed.

Kaylie climbed onto the stool next to him, swinging her knees toward him. Her dark blue miniskirt barely covered what Blake imagined she wore beneath: a lacy thong.

She leaned toward him. The want in her eyes unveiled. “Buy me a drink?”

He lifted his glass in the direction of the older, male bartender.

“What’ll it be?” the bartender asked with a husky voice while he looked lasciviously at Kaylie.

Blake leaned possessively toward her.

“I’ll have what he’s having,” Kaylie answered. She twirled her hair around her index finger. “What are you doing here?” she asked Blake. “Isn’t it a bit early for all this?” She pointed to the empty glasses lined up beside him.

“Tough afternoon.” Blake could not take his eyes off of the crest of her breasts, peeking out of her tight, white, V-neck shirt.

“Yeah? Tell me about it. I just got back in town from a wild concert. I’m whipped.” She took a drink. “That hits the spot.”

“Are you meeting someone here?” Blake looked around the bar, remembering the guy she’d left with the last time he’d seen her.

“Nah.” She swatted her hand through the air. “I was supposed to meet my sister, but she just called and gave me some lame excuse about a hard day at work. So,” she shrugged, “I figured I’d come in, relax awhile, then go home.”

“Sounds good to me.” Blake lowered his lids and leaned in close when he spoke. I’ve still got it.

Kaylie giggled. “Yeah? Okay then.” She downed the drink and held up the glass, asking for another. “So, tell me, Blake,” she over pronounced the B, giving his name a forceful tone, “why was your day so tough? Didn’t sell many skis?”

Blake finished his drink in one gulp, thinking about Danica and her smug look as he opened up to her. “Just a painful meeting. Nothing to worry your pretty, little head about.” The last thing he wanted to do was think about Danica. Blake considered ordering one more drink, but he knew he was on the verge of dropping over the edge, and with Kaylie in his sights, he wanted to be on his game—for later.

“Ski shop owners have meetings?” She pressed her knee against his thigh.

“Of sorts,” he said. He had nothing to do with his hands. Without a drink, he longed to do something with them. He draped his left arm around the back of her stool.