Chapter 5

Emily's PoV

The next morning, I get dressed and make my way to Matthew's room. I knock on the door.

I then walk in to find him asleep in his bed. I walk over to the curtains and open them quietly. I turn around and see Matthew sitting up.

"Morning mum," he greets.

I smile, "morning sweetie."

I walk over to his chest of drawers, I pick out some clothes and bring them over to him.

"Sweetie, we have a big day ahead of us, I need you to get dressed, and meet me in the kitchen," I inform him, "is that alright buddy?"

He nods and quickly gets up.

I give him a small smile and walk off into the kitchen. I then prepare some pancakes for myself and Matthew. I look at the time and see that its almost time to leave.

I look around, "I wonder where Jasper is?"

"Are you talking about daddy?" I hear Matty say.

I instantly move to face him.

"Yes, sweetie, I'm not sure where he is," I tell him.

Matthew sits down and starts eating, "he told me last night, that he wouldn't see me for awhile and that he loved me, do you know what he meant?"

I look to the floor, tears coming to my eyes, "um, no sweetie, he's probably going to visit some friends, I'm sure he'll be back soon."

He nods, and finishes his breakfast.

"Go grab your backpack, put what you want into it, once I finish washing up, we'll go see everyone, okay?" I state.

He grins and rushes off to his room.

Once he's gone I grab my phone and ring Jasper. It goes to voicemail.

Jasper, if you get this, please ring me back, Matt is confused and so am I. We both love you.

I hang up and grab my bag and meet Matthew by the front door.

»»-----------------~~~<>~~~ -----------------««

When we arrive everyone is stood outside.

I look over at everyone, "hey sweetie, why don't you go hang out with Leah and Renesmee."

He nods and runs over to them.

I approach the others, "what's going on?"

"Alice and Caleb have left us," Carlisle states.

Rose looks up, "Why?"

Carlisle shrugs, "it doesn't say."

I watch Bella takes the note. Sam then approaches me with a letter.

"Jasper asked me to give this to you," he tells me.