Chapter 11

Emily's PoV

The next morning, Bella and I stood together, holding our children's hands. Edward stood in front of both of us, protectively.

I watch the trees in anxiously, waiting for the Volturi to arrive. I scan the scenery, and suddenly hear footprints coming from a distance.

I listen to Garrett express his feelings for Kate.

"If we live through this, I'll follow you anywhere, woman."

"Now you tell me."

I smile at them. Before turning my full attention to the army approaching us. Aro then searches the crowd, obviously looking for Alice.

"Aro's looking for Alice," Edward states.

I roll my eyes, "of course."

Behind me I hear wolves howling loudly, I feel Leah and Jacob brush up against bella and myself. I smile at the volturi's faces, as they see we have been associating ourselves with Wolves.

The army come to a stop and Carlisle steps forward to address the company.

"Aro, Iet us discuss things as we used to. In a civilized manner," Carlisle expresses calmly.

Aro gives a menacing smile, "Fair words, Carlisle. But a little out of place, given the battalion you've assembled against us."

Carlilse sighs, "I can promise you, that was never my intent. No laws have been broken."

Caius scoffs, "We see the children. Do not treat us as fools."

Carlisle ignores him and speaks directly to the witnesses, "They are not an lmmortal! These witnesses can attest to that. Or you can look. See the flush of human blood in their cheeks."

Caius, "Artifice!"

Aro places his hand up to Caius, "I will collect every facet of the truth. But from someone more central to the story. Edward, as the children cling to your newborn mate and dear sweet Emily, I assume you are involved."

My eyes widen as I look over to Edward, "Edward don't."

He gives Bella and I a reassuring look, and starts making his way over to Aro.

I watch as she attempts to use her shield powers, to protect Edward. Unfortunately it doesn't work.

I whisper to her, "he'll be fine."

She nods to me. And grabs my hand tightly.

Aro then extends his hand to Edward, who reluctantly takes it. Aro then looks directly at Matthew and Renesmee. Before glancing at me, smiling widely.

"I'd like to meet them," he states.

I see Edward turn to us. Sighing I pick up Matthew and holding him closely against my chest.

I instantly start walking over, Bella turn to Emmett before quickly following me.

I stop once I reach Edwards side, as does Bella. I could sense Aro watching me intently.