Chapter 6

Emily's PoV

About a week later Carlisle and Esme finally returned. Bella, Edward and I walk out and greet them.

"How many came?" Carlisle asks as he walks over to us.

Edward smiles, "Eighteen. You have some good friends."

Carlisle nods as Esme turns to Bella and I.

"And Alice?"

Bella shakes her head. Esme walks over to he and hugs her tightly.

Esme then turns to me, "anything from Jasper, sweetie?"

I shake my head, and a few tears fall. She hugs me tightly too.

Suddenly some guy speaks up, "We'll all be on Aro's list now. Centuries on the run. That's what you've brought me. Some friend, Carlisle."

Carlisle sighs, "Alistair, come meet everyone."

Alistair shakes his head, "I already told you, if it comes to a fight, I won't stand against the Volturi."

Carlisle tries to persuade him, "It won't come to a fight."

Alistair glares, "I'll be in the attic."

He then disappears and Esme turns to us, "He's not a people person."

I smile and we all walk inside.

»»-----------------~~~<>~~~ -----------------««

Later that day we discovered that Bella was a shield. I laughed at Garrett as he got zapped by Kate.

Suddenly Kate walks over to me.

"When you fought me a while back, my power didn't hurt you, do you mind if I test the theory," Kate asks.

I glance at Bella, who looks worried.

"Sure," I say.

Everyone then turns to me, intrigued.

Kate places her hand on my wrist, you could see the blue electricity fly out from her hand into my skin.

I stand there not phased at all.

"Well, that was exciting," I state.

She then let's go of me, "I don't understand, you're not a shield but yet your immune to my power."

Edward speaks up, "she's been immune to mine since she turned 18."

Eleazar asks, "You both twins aren't you?"

Bella and I nod.

He smiles, "looks like you share bits of each other's power. Bella was able to conceive when human because of Emily's power of being able to have children, even while being a vampire. And Emily is able to become immune to people's powers, because Bella's power of being a shield. Bella has always shielded you Emily."