Chapter ix

Opening the door to my home, I sighed a sigh of content. This has been the best night of my life. Well, sort of. The best night of my life was when I had Rini.

That's right I had Rini at night. Walking into my room, Tana noticed that I was unusually happy. She smiled at me and giggled. I knew she was going to ask about my night, so I decided to tell her.

"We almost kissed." I said looking at her. She looked at me wide-eyed and laughed.

"What stopped you from the smooching?" She had asked, being as nosy as ever.

I explained to her that it was the very first date. That we should wait a little longer for our first kiss. She looked at me and laughed again. Tana wasn't usually one to be old fashioned such as myself, but then again, just how old fashioned was I. Because it was I who got pregnant at sixteen, and not she.

I also told her that he wanted to come visit us for Christmas. She smiled brightly at me and giggled. She went on about asking questions, and it was mostly because as I said before, she's nosy. She also proceeded to banter about how this guy liked me, and to be honest, for the first time in forever, it felt good. Really good.

"Do you think you'll go on another date with him?" she asked. I nodded.

"I think so, it was a lot of fun." I said smiling. Tana smiled back.

Soon enough, Rini popped her head from out the door. She gave me a smiled and soon ran out from her room. I picked her up and looked at her smiling.

"Hey kiddo, you're supposed to be in bed." I said, and I booped her nose.

She giggled and hugged me.

"Tell me about your night mummy!" She said sweetly. I laughed and smiled.

"It was good, now off to bed with you." I said as I put her down. She then walked to her room and went to go to sleep.

I sighed as I looked at Tana. This night was perfect. As we went back out to discuss what I should wear for my next date, he sent me a text.

Mystery guy: My name is Sean by the way 😊

I smiled and felt as if butterflies were flying around in my stomach. Even his name was sexy. Tana grabbed my phone and smiled. I just looked up nervous.

He used an emoji. Which must mean something, right? I mean, I've read that guys don't use emojis much, and if they use them with you, they must like you loads. Then again he probably uses emojis with his sister. What if he was just being friendly?

Looking over at Tana I gave her a now stressed look. I knew I had been over thinking, but could you blame me? She sighed once again and I looked down.

"I'll get you a glass of wine." She said, and as she went into the kitchen to pour me a glass of wine, I looked up and walked over to the bar. Resting my elbow in the spot, I looked around, and once she was done pouring the wine into My beautiful silver wine glass, I smiled taking a sip out of it.

Perhaps it was time for me to stop stressing about everything and just live a little more.