Chapter 13

Percy P.O.V

God! After that incident in the Pavilion I made sure I kept my distance from Annabeth and sure she is doing the same. Even though I pretty much liked the fact that we held hands, well yeah I interwined our fingers together but still it was as if I was invincible with her beside me but sadly that moment was short lived due to, let's say the WHOLE CAMP!

When I sat down to have my food Jason sat beside me and by that time Annabeth had left. While eating I was sure everybody was watching me but I ignored them all. Now as I am going for archery, whoever I walk past either glares at me or giggles, it seems that the news of me and Annabeth holding hands spread throughout the Camp like fire. Let's just say today is a unlucky day for me , except for the fact that Annabeth was staring at me when I came out of the water *smirk* and we held hands, but yeah everything else seems to be against me today. Well Clarisse walked past me and gave me an extremely disgusted look. Right now I am in for my archery lessons but am quite distracted due to the constant stares and I turn around when Clarisse comments,

"Ohh come on Jackson, Can you not do any better? Or are you to distracted because the love if your life isn't here?" She snickers. God I feel putting her head down the toilet and flushing her away from my life, she is so damn annoying.

"Shut up Clarisse, I am not at all interested in what you have to say about the latest gossip at Camp and wouldn't mind if you could you know just mind your own business for ONCE!"

"Chill Jackson, look their is your girlfriend she is coming to meet you" at this I turn red more because of anger than because of embarrassment.

"Is it necessary to put your head up the toilet before you can shut up? Because I think only toilet water can flush the dirt from your mouth" I say trying to resist the urge of pulling her with me to the toilet to flush her head.

"Don't worry Jackson I am clearly hot interested in you and Annabeth's love life" she says and walks off.

"What?!??" I say my mouth hanging open in surprise.

"What happened here why is everyone giggling, and shut your mouth Percy before you catch flies" Annabeth says finally coming here.

"Ohh..umm sorry"

After this Annabeth kind of stays away from me which means I spend the rest of my time with Jason and Piper. At dinner I notice Annabeth looking at me but as soon as she sees me looking she turns her head. Some time later during dinner Clarisse walks up to Annabeth and whispers something in Annabeth's ear, she turns pale and quickly follows Clarisse outside. I wonder what's going on.  When later I am returning to my cabin I think I should check in Annabeth and find she is not in her cabin and find her sitting on bench with a worried look.

"Everything all right?"

"Huh, What?" Her head snaps in my direction.

"Ohh it's you! No nothing in particular you know,"

"Would mind if I came and sat beside you?"

"No not at all"  she says making space for me.

"Well, you know what Annabeth you are not good at lying so just spill the beans"

"Have you met Grover lately?" She questions.

"Nope not really, I met him but he said he was busy and told me he would meet me later and looked kind of happy, Anyways why you askin' "

"Grover told me he was assigned to some mission which meant alot to him and his career and Juniper wasn't happy about it as she declared it dangerous and didn't want him to go, but anyways he went, and today Clarisse came to me during dinner and informed me that Grover along with some of his companions have disappeared, which means probably Luke has captured them and there is fear he might have killed them" it takes time for her words to sink in and I feel myslef going numb.

"Percy are you alright.... Percy?"

"How the hell do you think everything can be all right when you know everybody is in trouble just because of ME!! Huh tell me Annabeth how you would feel if you were in place of me and all your friends were in danger just because The Titan Lord was after YOU??!? How would you feel when you were alive and sitting next to one of you closest friend who looked like he was nearing death just because of you? Do you even know how much I blame MYSELF for the condition you had previously been in and don't want to see anyone in the same condition!!!"

"Relax Percy and don't go around blaming yourself for which was not your fault I was in that condition because of my own stupidity and illness and I am sure no one else will be in that situation if only you stopped blaming yourself for everything that happens!" She replies.

"No you don't understand anything about it, you don't know how the it feels when YOU know YOU are responsible for all the damage that has, is and eventually will happen"

"Percy don't lash out on me for gods sake I am as troubled as you and fighting over something like this will lead us nowhere, try to calm yourself OKAY!!" That's when realisation hits me that I am taking out all my frustration on Annabeth. I look down out of embarrassment.

"I'm sorry, it was just that I had been bottling up these for quite a time and probably let them out on you, I am extremely sorry"

"Well let's just say I am honoured that I am special that I get to know how you feel" I reply sarcastically. Percy looks up at me and grins.

"I think I've had enough for today so I am going to sleep, so good night"

"Yeah I am also tired Good Night" And I before we both head to our cabins I do something I didn't even know I was about to do. I hug Annabeth, at first her shoulders tense but slowly relaxes and hug me back and with that we walk off.

°   ♡   ♡   ♡   ♡  °

I know I'm not much good at writing but I am trying my best to make it interesting. Hope you like it.