Prologue

"Is she the one?"

"Yeah. Didn't realize you'd be so serious about this, in all honesty."

The masked figure turned away from his partner and looked silently through the window to the house. Inside, a female figure lay on the bed, drawing and quietly singing whatever song played from her phone. He narrowed his eyes, studying her.

"Tim?"

He looked back at his partner. "Let's go report to the Operator. We'll figure out what to do from there."

"Why d-do we have to kidnap h-her anyway?" Spoke another teenager. He violently twitched a few times.

"Because apparently he sees something in her that we don't." A hooded figure sighed.

"We can't question his orders, Brian." Tim adjusted his mask and coughed. "Let's hurry and get back. We don't want to anger him."

Brian nodded and stood. "Come on, Toby."

Holding a pair of hatchets, Toby turned and followed them.

~*o*~

"And you found her?"

"Yes, sir." Brian nodded. "Now we just need to figure out when to go retrieve her."

Tim, who was standing behind him, coughed for a moment. "Now's the best t-" He coughed. "...Time to get her. B-but of course it's your decision."

The tall, faceless figure nodded slowly, seeming to be in deep thought.

"Go take your medication, Timothy. And go rest, all of you. I will think about what to do next."

Tim nodded, only to start coughing more violently. He staggered, and Brian quickly helped Tim steady himself. Toby opened the door for Brian as he helped Tim out of the office. When the door closed, another tall figure stepped out of the shadows.

"We are in a very serious situation, Slender." He sighed. "If we don't get her soon-"

"I'm well aware of the casualties, Offenderman." Slenderman snapped. "I want to give it another day."

"You've given it a week." Offenderman adjusted his hat. "Your brothers and I are beginning to prepare for war. Zalgo's activity has spiked, and our home has been attacked on multiple occasions."

Slenderman tapped his long, bony fingers against his desk. "I am aware of that. I won't let it happen again."

Offenderman sighed. "I'll see to it you stick to your word." With that, he disappeared.

Slenderman sighed heavily, then he turned to look out the small window in his office. Outside, some of the Creepypastas were training; Laughing Jack swung a punch at Jeff the Killer, who skillfully dodged and responded to it by kicking the monochrome clown's legs out from under him, Clockwork was teaching Jane the Killer some new attacks, and BEN Drowned even managed to teach Sally how to defend herself from certain attacks.

'If it comes down to it,' Slender thought, 'we will be prepared for war. Don't doubt that, Zalgo.'