Chapter Six - Found

Everyone downstairs. Now.

Jeff woke to Slender's staticky voice ringing in his ears. Groaning he sat up and pulled his eye mask off his face, tossing it to the side. He finally got out of bed and grabbed his hoodie off the dresser, slipping it over his head as he walked towards the door. He was pretty surprised at how silent he was; he expected to hear some sort of scream from (Y/N)'s room. After all, she didn't know Slender could communicate without the help of a Proxy. Hearing his voice in your head isn't exactly the most pleasant thing to wake up to after all. When he got downstairs the atmosphere changed dramatically.

Everyone was gathered around the Proxies, murmuring softly amongst themselves as they waited for Slender to make his appearance. The Proxies shuffled in place, each one seeming uneasy and worried. Jeff was about to demand some answers as to why he was woken up so early when Slender appeared in the middle of the group, a grim shadow crossing his non-existent face. The murmurs stopped almost instantly.

"I'm sure you all are wondering why I've called you all here." Masky began, voice deep; Slender was using him to speak.

No shit. Jeff huffed, silently listening as Slender continued.

"(Y/N) has gone missing." Masky announced. Shock rippled through the gathered CreepyPastas and they began to talk again, each voicing their fears of what was to come. Sally wailed, hugging Smile Dog tightly while he growled softly with unease.

"Maybe she ran." BEN spoke up above the noise. "Wouldn't surprise me any."

Laughing Jack shook his head, uncharacteristic fear glinting in his normally bright and enthusiastic eyes. "She was sincere when she said she'd stay! I know it!" He insisted. Jeff crossed his arms, watching as Slender waited for the panicked muttering to die down.

"I'm sending out a group to investigate." Masky continued. Both Masky's and Slender's heads turned to scan the CreepyPastas. "...Smile, BEN, Jeff, you all will accompany the Proxies, minus Masky, on their investigation." Jeff gritted his teeth but nodded. Slender seemed to catch the reaction and 'glared' at him before continuing. 

"The rest of you are to remain on high alert. If the demons are aware of our situation, there's no doubt they'll take advantage of it. Do not panic, and continue training." With a nod Slender vanished. Masky stumbled for a moment, holding his head as Hoodie rushed to his side. Masky waved him off, insisting he was fine before walking slowly towards Slender's office. Hoodie turned to Smile, Jeff, and BEN. 

"You three, do what you need to to get ready." He ordered. "We leave in five minutes." Jeff snorted and walked  upstairs with BEN at his heels. 

"Fuck's sake." He hissed softly, going through his dresser drawers to find his knives. "I don't get why we have to do this. It's bullshit, ain't it Smile?" He turned to his beloved dog, who tilted his head in response. Concern laced the canine's gaze, making Jeff growl quietly. "Don't look at me like that. She isn't important. Slender's just... Glorifying her. She's just an ordinary. Powerless. Girl." He hissed each word. Smile whimpered softly. 

"Hey, when you're done venting to your dog, get downstairs. We need to go." BEN poked his head into Jeff's room, earning a sort of heated glare from the other male.  Grumbling, Jeff put his knives in his pockets and walked downstairs. Smile ran past him, more than ready to leave. Hoodie walked out the door as Jeff approached, leading his small patrol through the forest with Toby at his side. 

"So, any ideas on where she is?" BEN asked, looking around. 

Toby shook his head. "None. Thought sh-she must've left late at night, I was awake and downstairs well before dawn. I would've seen or heard h-her leave." He pointed out.  Hoodie nodded, thinking.