19. Just One Drink

Lily pulled outside of the place where the rave was being held. Loud music filled the air.

"It's a neon light rave. When the clock strikes two, they spray neon paint everywhere." She explained as we exited the car. This little bit let me know she was no newbie to this scene.

"Oh cool!" She smiled then grabbed my hand.

We stood in line waiting to get inside. "Do you come here a lot?" I mentally slap myself. Goddess I sound like a guy hitting on a girl at a bar.

She chuckled. "Yeah every Saturday night. Just because we have pack duties doesn't mean we can't have fun." I nodded in agreement.

"You just seemed like you could use the night out." I sighed, feeling that statement on a spiritual level. "You have no idea." Everything was just thrown at me so fast. A night out was exactly what I needed.

When we got to the front the Security guard placed a paper bracelet on our wrist, not even bothering to check for ID's. Lily tugged me straight to the dance floor.

We danced for a whole hour until our feet were starting to get sore. We walked over to the bar and ordered drinks. Lily ordered them for us since she was of age and I wasn't.

I tossed back my fourth shot of tequila then slammed it on the counter. I wasn't much of a tequila person. It honestly made my head hurt, but this was my first night in a while so I let myself drink whatever became available to me. "This is great. Thanks for being a great friend Lily. Everyone else at the pack is always so serious and boring." I slurred out.

Lily chuckled. "No problem." Lily composed herself well. She had 5 shots and showed no signs of being buzzed. I guess I was just a light weight. I still hadn't learned my limits after many reckless nights of partying.

A guy approached Lily. After a few minutes of exchanged words, he grabbed Lily's hand and lead her in the direction of the bathrooms. The moment she shot me a wink, I immediately knew what was happening. "Oh, I see what's going on." I slurred as I shot her a knowing look.

I wasn't going to judge the girl. Whatever she did in her spare time had nothing to do with me as far as I was concerned.

I stayed at the bar for another 20 minuets before I tossed back one last shot and stumbled off the bar stool. I snapped my head towards the large timer against the wall, there was six seconds left on the clock. Everyone counted down, waiting for the timer to hit zero.

6

5

4

3

2

1

The crowd went wild as neon paint was splattered everywhere. My eyes went wide when I felt someone grab my hand. I turned to face a disoriented Lily. Her hair was all over the place and her lipstick was smeared. "That was quick." I said in shock.

She rolled her eyes. "Let's go, before alpha finds out you're missing." I nodded and followed her towards her car.

Lily blasted pop music to stay awake as we drove back to the pack. I tried to stay awake but my eyelids eventually let me down as I fell into a deep sleep.

I awoke from a shove against my shoulder. I turned and glared at Lily as she giggled. "We're here."

I took in my surroundings and saw we were parked outside of the pack house. I stretched out my arms and legs then got out of the car. "Thanks Lily. We should do this again."

She nodded eagerly. "Of course." I closed the door and she drove off down the rode to her house.

I walked down the gravel road. Only the sounds of my feet against the gravel could be heard in the silent night...well morning. Although the sun hasn't risen yet, it was still around two in the morning.