39. Vanished

After dinner Titus had some things he had to work out, so he stayed behind while I headed home.

I hopped out of the shower and changed into one of Titus's t-shirts and a pair of navy blue pajama bottoms. A lot of my clothes no longer fit, and I hadn't made an effort to wear maternity clothes. I climbed into bed and rested my back against the headboard.

I couldn't let what happened at dinner go. If I didn't say anything he would think it's okay to talk to me the way he did. And it's not. I didn't want to argue, but it had to be brought up.

I had finally decided that as soon as he walked through the door, we were going to have a discussion. I grabbed my book from my nightstand and began reading.

He finally walked through the door and hour later. I placed my book down in my lap and looked towards him. He smiled as our eyes met. "Hey, surprised you're still up."

I casted my eyes downward. He moved closer until he was directly in front of the bed. "Hey, I know that look. What's wrong?" He sat facing me on the bed.

"The fact that you don't know what's wrong is mind boggling." I glared at him in disgust. He through his head back and sighed. "Look if this is about dinner, I admit I was a bit aggressive but I think you're overreacting."

I narrowed my eyes. "I didn't want to say anything because we were surrounded by the pack, but you had no right speaking to me that way." He nodded in agreement.

"You're right." He lowered his head in shame.

My eyes went wide at the new side of Titus. He wasn't trying to fight me on this, which was strange but I wasn't complaining. "Carter is my friend. You can't tell me to cut off all communication with him because of your insecurities." He snapped his head up. "I'm not insecure! I just..." He trailed off.

I took a deep breath and sighed. "Titus we're about to raise a pup together. Carter should be the last thing on our minds." He nodded, "You're right Brinn. I'm sorry I made a scene at dinner." I grabbed his hand in mine. "It's okay, but please don't let it happen again." He nodded then wrapped his arms carefully around me.

Burying his face in my neck, he quickly blurted out his next sentence. "I have to go out of town." I pushed him off of me and glared. "Are you insane! I'm having our pup soon and now you want to take spontaneous trips!" I yelled.

"I don't want to leave, but the Westbrook pack just got attacked by the Silver Crest wolves. They're out of control Brinn." I crossed my arms over my chest then narrowed my eyes. "How is you going there going to benefit them?" I asked stubbornly.

"Brinn, their alpha is dead and many others have been taken captive. We have to figure out what happens next." My jaw dropped. "That's horrible."

He continued, "With our attack they were only expecting Red Moon. When they realized they were outnumbered they took off. Westbrook being so small, they didn't stand a chance." I shook my head in annoyance. "I don't understand. Why are they doing this?"

"It's a power thing love. But don't worry, everything will be fine."

I nodded, "Okay."

He smiled then stood. "I'm going to go take a shower." He walked into the bathroom then turned on the shower.

I turned the lamp off on the bedside table then brought the covers up to my chin and turned on my side. I quickly fell asleep before Titus made it back to bed.

***

Titus flopped onto the bed and rested his head on my lap. "I leaving soon." I nodded slowly then ran my hand over my face.