25. Today's the Day

Brinn POV

Two weeks later...

I woke up this morning feeling drowsy, I'd hardly got any sleep last night. How could I, knowing what today would bring? I was pretty much dreading it. The ally meeting started tomorrow but everyone was arriving today. It lasted for three days.

Three long days...

The two weeks I've spent here went by in a rush. I spent most of my time with my brother and Carter. Genevieve would occasionally join, but it was mostly just us three. They constantly shot me looks of concern, I just shrugged it off and continued on my day. I didn't want to think about it, the more I thought about it the angrier I got and after the anger, my thoughts drifted to forgiveness. Could I forgive him? Of course I could, but could I go back to him? That I didn't know. I was practically driving myself insane with my thoughts, I was slowly starting to think I was overreacting about the whole situation. It did happen years ago...

No! I couldn't let myself fall into blame. 

I walked over to my closet and pulled out an outfit. I put on a striped button up shirt and threw an oversized grey sweater over it. I struggled to slide into a pair of black skinny jeans, the effects of eating my feelings away. I tied my white sneakers, threw on a matching grey beanie then walked out of the door.

I walked into the kitchen, where my family sat around the table enjoying their meal. I've always been the last one to wake up, I just not a morning person.

I sat next to my brother and dug into my food silently. "Brinn." My Mom's sweet voice filled the room, drawing up from my food in confusion. "I really would have appreciated it if you'd worn a dress." I sighed and stared down at my uneaten food. "I'm just not in a dress mood momma." The truth was, I never really liked dresses period. My mom tried plenty of times to get me to wear them, but it always ended the same way.

She placed her hand over mine and gave me a sympathetic smile. "Okay."

I stayed quiet the rest of breakfast while my parents talked about what they had planned for today. All the warriors and ranks were having a short meeting while the females were throwing a little get together. My mom was in charge of the planning and setting up, It came with the title of being a Luna.

I cleared my plate then set it in the sink. I was walking out of the kitchen when my mom called my name. I stopped in my tracks and mentally cursed, I knew what was coming. "Come help us set up for the get-together."

"Ugh fine." She rolled her eyes then grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the dining hall.

***

I placed the last vase of roses on the table then stood back, observing my work. I was quite satisfied with my handy work. "Hey, momma? How'd you get roses in this season?" We were in the middle of winter.

Don't plants go on dormant or some shít?

"I ordered them." I nodded as she placed the apple pie in the middle of the table. I hated apple pie. It just tasted weird to me, all those gooey apple slices. Gross!

My mom stilled, I could tell someone was mind linking her due to the blank expression on her face. "They just crossed the boarders." She said with a smile. My heart rate accelerated as soon as the words left her mouth.

I shook my head. " I need a moment." My mom nodded understandingly. "Of course, I'll just tell your dad you weren't feeling well." She said with a look of concern. I nodded then headed out the back door, walking towards the forest in a rushed pace. I didn't want to run into Titus just yet, I wasn't ready. I just needed a little time.