I ran away from home chpt 6

-Chapter 6-

Blade obviously thought that my smile were meant for him, and he smirked and asked:

"You wanna go for a ride?"

That immediately caught my attention and I turned serious as quick as if someone had clicked a switch. I looked at him through big, pleading eyes.

"Yes, I really do."

The smirk turned into an actual smile - I couldn't believe my eyes. Blade was actually capable of smiling. This, in turn, made me smile. I grabbed the car keys that Blade had just pulled out of his jean pocket, and so fast, he hadn't time to object, I jumped into the driving seat and locked the door so he wouldn't be able to drag me out. With an excited smile I waved for him to come and join me inside the car so that we could get the hell going.

He glared at me through the side window, but then did as I asked, probably not wanting to leave me alone with his car - or maybe so that I wouldn't escape. It funny how I never really thought of that when I first came into the garage: all these cars, and the keys to the most of them hanging in full sight on small hooks on the wall.

As he entered the car, I started the engine. My smile widened - if possible - as I heard the engine roar to life, and I was practically jumping up and down in my seat when Darren opened the garage door. This is taking too long, I thought and pressed down the gas so that the car flew forward as soon as the door-opening was big enough for the car to press through, the roof just inches from scratching against the bottom of the opening garage door.

I glanced at Blade as we blurred past the shadows of trees and rocks alongside the dark road we were on, and had to stifle a laugh as I saw his shocked face. Instead I put the radio on. Of course, there was no reception. That didn't bother me too much though - I was too busy driving. The experience was filling me up and keeping me wide awake and smiling. Neither of us said a word for a good three hours, so when the radio suddenly went on, after we had turned onto a highway, both of us hit our heads on the ceiling. Or at least I did, and I only assume that Blade did too, cause from his seat there came a loud swear and multiple grunting noise before he reached to change the channel.

It was about then we saw our first car. That was actually a big relief for me - I had nearly begun thinking that we were the only ones alive in all of universe. Especially since it felt as if the silence had crept its way into my very being by then. I let out a breath that I hadn't realized I was holding and relaxed a bit. After about half an hour more, we began arguing about the music that played on the radio, and to my surprise, I found that I liked it quite a bit. That loosened our tongues, and we talked all through the night, about small things, such as colors and movies and such.

We rode on until it was nearly dawn, and had by then put a lot of land behind us. As the the sun began to rise over the horizon, we started our way back, but this time Blade was the one driving. I didn't mind much as I was getting tired, but I still argued a little just for the fun of it. We talked for a bit, before I finally went to sleep.

When I woke up I didn't know where I was. At first I panicked, but then I heard loud snores and turned my head: blade was lying on his back in the bed next to mine. I grinned - he looked plain stupid like that, with his mouth open and chin up towards the ceiling. His arms and legs made an X out of his body and he still had his shoes on. Still, he managed to look attractive. That bothered me somehow. My grin turned into a frown as Blade turned to his side and opened his eyes.

He slowly sat up and yawned.

"I can see the omelettes you ate yesterday", I teased.

He glared at me, but quickly closed his mouth and I could see a small blush on his cheeks. He tried to cover it up by standing up and heading for the bathroom door, which stood open exposing the small bathroom with its shower, toilet, mirror and sink. I stifled a giggle when I heard him mutter half to the room, half to himself. It said something about annoying people and, I think, a stick and an ass. That was so unoriginal that I was nearly disappointed with him. But I brushed it off, blaming it on the fact that he just got up from bed.