chapter 8

Alec's POV

I am currently sitting in my office doing some paperwork when I see my door opening and saw that it was mia.

"Hello. Awe you my dada?" She asked me. I am very shocked.". Mama says that I will soon see him". She told me and started to cry. I immediately got up from my chair and went and hugged her.

"I'm sorry". I told her while trying to comfort her. She was a lot like her mother with her dark skin and dark hair.

"Do you want to play a game on my phone"? I asked her in a soft tone. I am not used to being soft but this little girl captivates me.

"Yes. Pwease". She told me with her soft voice. I gave her my phone and let her lay down in my coach while playing games. I went back to working.

After about five minutes I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in". I said in my neutral tone.

"Have you seen mi-". She was worrying about mia when she sees mia she was shocked but mostly surprised.

" Oh OK then..." She was unsure of what was going on.

"She came in here asking if I was her father and was crying". I told her while searching her face. She looks broken and hurt. She wanted to cry but she ran out of the room.

"Is mama awite?" She asked me.

"Yes she is. Stay right here I'll be right back". I told her and got up and went to her office and saw her crying on the ground so I went in.

"Samantha please get up off the ground". I was being soft today. What's wrong with me? Today I had to deal with two crying females.

I bend down and I did something that I don't normally do to women. I lifted her up bridal style and placed her on the couch.

"It's all my fault. What should I tell her? Should I tell her that he left her". She was crying. So what I understand is that he left her somehow. I was now hugging her and telling her that it will be OK.

"Want us to go and get some ice cream?" I asked her with a smoothing tone.

"Sure. I got to fix up myself first".
"OK. I'm going to get mia". I told her and went to get her. When I got to Samantha's office she was ready.

"Let's go". I told her and we went inside the elevator. Once the elevator closed I involuntarily hold Samantha's hand. She looked at me and smile.

" Do you love my mama?" Mia asked me with a lot of excitement. I was amazed by her smartness.

"Um..." I trailed off not knowing what to say. What's wrong with me? Samantha is beautiful and have a great personality but I don't think I love her.

'Yet' my subconscious told me.

"Mia. Behave yourself" . Samantha said while blushing like crazy. I just chuckled.

After that we were silent until we reached the ice cream parlour. We went to the cashier.

"What can I get you?" Asked an ageing woman.

"Can I have a stwabewy pwease". Mia told us. I looked at Samantha waiting on her to order

"Can I have a chocolate please". She ordered. I didn't feel for any ice cream today.

"That's it". I told the lady with a cold tone because I'm not known to be friendly.

"That will be $2.00". I took out my credit card to pay.

"No I will pay". Samantha told me. But I shook my head. She was going to insist but I cut her off.

"I will pay and it's final". I said with a stern tone. She look defeated and hurt. I handed the lady and got it back and we went and sat at a booth.

"Tell me something about you Mr. Smith". She said to me.

"Call me Alec outside the office". I told her.

"OK Alec. Call me sam too". Damn. My name sound so damn good on her tongue.

"Awe you a pwince?" Mia asked me.

"Yes. I'm your mom's prince". I told her with a smirk and look at a blushing Sam.

After we went back. I have to avoid sam because I think I'm attracted to her and after Amy I can't allow that.