chapter 15: jealousy

Sam's POV

I finished organising the emails and was now resting my arms when I heard a knocking. I opened my eyes which were closed and saw Mr. Smith leaning on the doorframe.

"It's time to leave. We are meeting Mr. Martin at a restaurant". He told me while staring at me intently.

"Um... Ok. I'm coming". I told him while grabbing my purse and phone.

We walked silently to the elevator and waited for the elevator to open. We went inside and I immediately felt the awkward tension. I also felt his stare on me which made me uncomfortable.

"Um... Which restaurant will we meet him?" I asked breaking the tension.

"Ben's and Beryl's five star restaurant". He told me and I nodded. When we were outside I saw a limousine waiting for us. We went inside and silence settled in between us.

We drove for about fifteen minutes until we arrived at a very luxurious restaurant. It was screaming expense. We went inside and I was amazed by the sight. We walked in and gave information about our reservation. We were seated in a booth that is closed off so it was only us because Mr. Martin wasn't here as yet so we sat in silence until he broke it.

"So Ms. Williams tell me something about you". He told me while staring at me. I wanted to roll my eyes because he kept on staring at me as if I was special.

"Um... I think you know everything that is to be known about me already because it was in my résumé". I told him because there wasn't much to talk about. As he was about to speak Mr Martin came.

"Hello Mr. Smith". He said to Alec and they shake hands.

"And who is this beautiful girl?" He asked while staring at me with lust. He is about our age and is handsome but not like Alec. What am I thinking?

"I'm Samantha, Mr Smith's PA". I told him with a warm smile. He took my hand and kissed the back of it.

"It's lovely to meet you". He told me while holding my hand still. I politely pulled away my hand and looked at Alec who is fuming with jaw clenched.

"Should we get started now". He said to Mr Martin through clenched teeth.

"Yes we shall". They discussed their deal for about half an hour with me taking notes. Every now and then I feel Mr Martin's eyes on me and every time he receives daggers from Alec. What's wrong with him? I mentally​ rolled my eyes.

"That's it". Alec said to Mr Martin. We already ate lunch while discussing. I wanted to pay but Mr Martin insisted and while we were arguing in a formal way Alec already paid for me.

"Oh. Umm..... Samantha here's my number if you need anything". He told me while handing me a card.

"Ummm..... Ok". I told him and he bid Alec good bye and went away. By the time l looked at Alec he was pissed and stormed out of the restaurant. I rolled my eyes and went out and find him in the car. I went inside and saw him looking outside.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked him frustrated. He still ignored me.

"Now you giving me silent treatment". I asked in disbelief.

"Alec -". I was cut off by his soft pink lips on mine and I was in his lap I started to kiss him back. I heard a door opening and jumped out of his lap. I was shocked. He came out leaving me behind. I'm beyond furious. How dare he?