Chapter 13 A Twist in Time

Draco and Hermione made their way through the school and stood near the Room of Requirement while also hexing a few unfriendly people that crossed their path. "We probably saved a whole bunch of lives", Draco said as he watched Hermione look down the corridor.

  "Well now it's time to save the entire world." Suddenly Neville came into view. "Alright, it's now or never." She walked out so the cloak still covered Draco. "Neville, where are you headed?"

  "I was just going to hide from the Carrows." He continued to head toward the door until she turned him back around.

  "Neville, there is a bloody war going on out there and your friends need you! Where's that Gryffindor pride of yours?", she said using the exact same words that Draco said to her.

"Granger... I don't know if I can..", Neville said.

"I have faith in you Neville, but do you have faith in yourself?" A victory smile appeared on her face as she saw a slight smile appear on his, and he pulled out his wand.

"You're right, Hermione. All I need is faith in myself. Let's go win this war." As he ran down the corridor and to the battlefield, Hermione saw Harry coming in her direction as rubble started to fall on the ground from the ceiling. She ran back to where Draco was standing before any rubble could fall on her and waited for Draco to pull the cloak back over her.

"You saved the world, Granger." Draco said as he pulled on the chain from around her neck. "Time to go back." He wrapped the chain around the two of them, but Hermione felt like something was off. That was easy. Way too easy, and she felt like it wasn't time to return. Draco spun the time turner ten times forward to make them return to the future and waited for it to stop.

Hermione watched time speed forward like it was in fast forward mode, but suddenly it stopped. The castle grounds were completely destroyed. It looks like the walls were about to crumble on top of them and bury them alive. "..but we saved Neville! Why isn't everything fixed?", Hermione said as she looked at her surroundings.

"Maybe they never fixed the castle? Let's see how the Ministry is doing." Draco grabbed Hermione's hand as they disapperated to the Ministry enterance. He always thought the entrance to the Ministry was quite weird. Through a toilet, really? He dusted off his black suit as he travelled to the Ministry fireplace, and saw Hermione come in a few seconds later then him.

But things didn't seem to get any better. Dead bodies filled the Ministry corridors. "I think we actually made things worse." Draco said, looking at everyone, and Hermione froze when she saw Kingsley laying lifeless on the ground. "Draco..", she said as she looked at everyone else. "Draco... we did something wrong. The entire Order is dead." Tears started to appear in her eyes as she looked at the familiar faces laying around here. "I knew it was too easy", Hermione told herself. "Voldemort wiped them all out." Suddenly the sirens went off and startled the two of them.

"You said the name! It's tabooed! Get the time...", but he couldn't finish his sentence. He felt death eaters drag him and Hermione into different directions with hands covering their mouths. He knew at that point that he messed up big time.

                              *     *     *

"He's not happy with you." Bellatrix said with her annoying voice. Draco was locked up in a cell that they used to hold people before questioning in the Ministry courtroom. "Defying his power, helping the Order, and the worst part, helping a Mudblood!" She placed her head between two cell bars as she looked at her nephew in disgust. "You are a disgrace to our family. He'll be back. You'll be able to join your worthless parents soon enough." Draco knew exactly what his fate was. He glared out the cell as he knew what was coming. One way or another, he was going to die. Either by the dark lord or by the Unbreakable Vow's power.