Chapter 15 Lion Hearted Girl

Hermione and Draco knew that sleeping in the castle was a bad idea of someone spotting, tripping, or bumping into them. They were somewhere in the Forrest of Dean as Draco thought it was a better idea to stay away from the castle and Hogsmeade to rest. Sure they were in a completely different country, but in the morning they'd make their way back to the castle through the painting of Ariana Dumbledore. They had a few hours of rest before the war probably started back up.

The tent stood in the middle of the forest as she put more enchantments around their surroundings just in case snatchers came looking. She had already had one nasty visit from snatchers, and she didn't want a repeat. Especially now that Voldemort knew about Draco going rogue. She wouldn't be surprised if they were killed on the spot if anyone found where they were staying at.

Hermione was anything but happy. She listened and stared at the radio that sat beside her as the memories of tonight flashed through her head. It was as if the horcrux locket was still around her neck and sucked all the joy she'd ever receive in life away from her. She went back in time to save lives, not watch them die in front of her. "I couldn't save them..", she told herself as tears started to form in her eyes, but suddenly a shadow blocked the light from hitting her. She looked up and saw Draco holding his hand out, and she contemplated for a second before taking it.

He placed his hand on her waist and his other hand took her hand in his. The two of them danced to the music. It started out as Draco having the lead and spinning her around, to them dancing like weirdos.. "Training for the ballet, Malfoy?", Hermione asked him with a smile.

"I can't believe you heard me, or actually remember that..", he said as he started to laugh as well. Their dancing eventually turned to them swaying back and forth in each other's arms. "Why'd you kiss me?", he asked in a serious tone.

"To keep you away from Lucius...", but he suddenly stopped her.

"No, Granger. You could've done so many other things and you choose to kiss me. Why'd you do it?" She looked into his eyes as he asked her this question, but she didn't seem to be able to find an answer. Her mind was too clouded with the thought of defeating the dark lord. How could anything else be important at a time like this?

"I don't know..", suddenly she stopped her sentence as he picked her up and spun her around. She couldn't ignore the laughs that came from her mouth.

After a few moments she sat back down next to the radio as a slight blush appeared on her face, and he thought that it made her even more beautiful. "Gosh I love you..", he said as he leaned against the wood of the bunk bed.

"What?", she said as his words caught her attention, and that's when he finally realized what he said. His eyes fell open wide as he stared straight. "You love me?", she asked as she stood up, and tried to get him to look into his eyes.

He scratched the back of his neck as his eye gaze moved to the floor. If he looked up he knew that she would see the blush starting to appear on his face, and considering how pale he was, it would be very obvious. "I guess I did say that.. didn't I?", he slowly looked back up into her eyes, and he couldn't read how she was feeling at that moment. "You know what, Granger? I'm just going to get it out. Considering we'll all be dead tomorrow morning anyway. Yes, I love you, and I have ever since the day my eyes fell upon the pretty brown frizzy haired girl who befriended Potter and Weasel, but there was nothing I could do. My parents would never approve, so I called you all those names so you'd hate me and maybe my feelings would go away, but they never did. So I started dating Pansy in fourth year, yet the feelings never seem to seize. Especially during the Yule Ball. When you walked through those doors with Viktor Krum, I was so angry that he wasn't me. You looked so beautiful in that blue dress, and your hair done up all nice, even though I like your bushy mane as well, all I wanted was one dance that night. I guess that was the moment I realized I really screwed up, but look at us now, I guess I got what I wanted three years later." He paused for a moment as he grabbed the jacket of his suit. "I know I don't deserve it, and I'll be shocked if you do, but I hope that one day you can forgive me for everything that I've ever done to you. Muggle-Born or not, you'll always be the brilliant Granger to me", she actually started to tear up at his speech, and suddenly 'Someday by Nickelback", came on the radio.