Epilogue

Hermione felt the elevator stop on her floor. She really hated these elevators. "Morning, Hermione", her assistant said.

"Thank you, Romilda", said Hermione as she her door. She was surprised to see where some people ended up in life. Romilda Vane was her assistant, while Harry was becoming a better Auror than Mad Eye Moody, Ron was running a joke shop with George, Luna is working at a wizard daycare, and Neville is teaching Herbology at Hogwarts. Looks like the rumor came true.

Hermione was currently working in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. She was Harry's partner in the Auror office. Harry didn't think anyone else could've kept him alive this long. She had just sat down at her desk when she was greeted by a stack of papers. "Mr. Potter has given you some work to do. It's quite large since you were visiting your parents over the weekend."

Romilda was correct, the stack was very high. It was thicker then the books she used for 'light reading', and she could barely see Romilda over the top of it. "By any chance did Harry place some of his own work in here?", she asked as she rested her palms on the stack.

"I wouldn't doubt it." Romilda was about to walk out the door when she turned back around to say something else. "Oh there is also something else in there for you." With that, she left and closed the door behind her.

Hermione saw a black line sticking out amongst the many beige parchment ones. She tried to pull it out without knocking the stack over, and to her surprise, she succeeded. The second Hermione saw the article, she frowned. It was a copy of Witch Weekly, and on the cover was the one and only Draco Malfoy, 'the wizarding world's most eligible bachelor', as the article read. "Thank you, Romilda. Thank you very much. That's just what I need to brighten up my day", Hermione said to herself with venom.

"What was that? Miss Granger?", asked Romilda, reopening the door.

"You're a great assistant", said Hermione with a forced smile, and once Romilda left, her smile immediately left her face. "Nosey much?", she said much quieter before returning her attention to the magazine. It felt like just yesterday that they were chasing each other on the border of the Black Lake, but that was before life had hit them. Now they were adults, and making sure that they had a home was more important than making sure they had a date.

Suddenly she heard someone else at her door. "Hermione, are you busy?", asked Ginny.

"Just a minute." She tried to find the best hiding spot for the magazine, and decided her bottom desk drawer was her best bet. "Alright, come in", she said sitting at her desk, and pretending that she started on the papers ten minutes ago like she was suppose to.

Ginny had a large smile on her face, and Hermione was scared to ask why, but knowing Ginny, she wouldn't have to anyway. "Guess what."

"What, did Harry buy you a puppy?", she asked.

"No, I got you a date for this weekend."

"Ginny..", Hermione said groaning. "You didn't." For awhile now, Ginny had been trying to convince her to go on a date to make her life more interesting, but she would rather focus on her job than boys.

"My life is interesting enough."

"You live alone."

"That's not true."

"Oh, please tell Crookshanks I said sorry. Till death do you part." Hermione rolled her eyes, and decided to get started on her paperwork and probably Harry's, but she accidentally hit the bottom edge of her desk with her foot, and the bottom drawer opened. Ginny looked down to see a Copy of Witch Weeky that Hermione had been trying to hide, and apparently not very well. "Well, well, well, what do we have here?", Ginny asked with an evil grin as she pulled the magazine out of the drawer. "Malfoy Heir, wizarding world's most eligible bachelor." Ginny opened the magazine and read the article. After about five minutes, she tossed the magazine back on Hermione's desk. "It's been three years, Hermione. He's moved on. You should too."