Chapter 34 Hogsmeade Date

Hermione held tightly onto the handle as fear ran through her body. "Draco, are you sure about this? You know how I feel about flying. I honestly think that there needs to be more protection in Quidditch, and..."

"Granger, if you don't shut up then I won't hesitate to push you off this thing when we're in the air." She looked at him with worry. "I'm joking."

Draco suddenly noticed the worried look on Hermione's face. "Don't worry. I got you", said Draco as he kissed her on the cheek and placed his own hands over her own on the handle.

They flew toward Hagrid's Hut until they reached the Black Lake, and just kept flying until they reach Hogsmeade, however, most of the time Hermione refused to open her eyes. Draco left his broom near the back part of Honeydukes as they walked over to the three broomsticks.

"Head Boy and Girl sneaking out of the castle to get drunk. I think we put shame to the Head name", said Draco as he opened the door.

"We are not getting drunk. We are simply here to enjoy each other's presence." She turned around and wrapped her arms around Draco's neck. "You aren't going to get drunk on our date are you?", she asked with pleading eyes. He felt like his heart was melting right then and there.

"Of course not. I'm already drunk in love." He was waiting for her to laugh at his joke, but she only looked into his eyes like she wanted something.

  "Butterbeer it is then?"

"With ginger."

  "I shall be back, my lady." He walked over to the counter while Hermione sat down at a booth table at the other end of the pub. It was rather private with a wall surrounding three fourths of it, but as she sat down; she saw Professor Slughorn in her range of view.

"Oh no", she whispered to herself. If he found out that they snuck out then the two Heads would never hear the end of it, but she wasn't worried about herself at the moment. Draco was only a few meters from Slughorn, and she had to do something quick. Hermione pulled up the hood of her jumper, and walked over to the counter, hiding behind the beer tank.

If she said his name then both of them would immediately be busted, but suddenly an idea came to her head. "Otter", she tried to say loud enough only for him to hear, but he didn't seem to catch it. "Otter."

Draco heard someone cough out the word otter. He turned around and saw a pink hood with bushy hair coming out of it.

"One Firewhisky and one butterbeer", said Rosemerta as she placed the drinks on the counter, which caused Hermione to kick him slightly in the shin.

"You said you weren't going to get drunk!"

"One Firewhisky is not going to kill me." He grabbed the drinks, but suddenly an arm pulled him away harshly from the counter, which caused him to almost spill the contents of the drinks. "What is your problem?", said Draco rather loudly, but she smacked her palm over his mouth, and pulled him to kneel on the ground behind the left side of the counter.

"Slughorn is right over there. If he sees us we're dead. Now come on!" Bossy Granger was back, but he had an idea of how to shut her up when he needed to, just take her flying over the Hogwarts grounds. They double checked that Slughorn was occupied in a conversation before pulling up their hoods and moving to the private table again.

"I swear, we can never get any alone time anymore. Either our friends are pestering us or it's the teachers, no matter where they are." Draco drank the rest of his Firewhisky in one gulp.

"Aww is someone annoyed that he doesn't get to spend time with his girlfriend? Poor baby." She spun her spoon around the rim of her empty cup as she spoke. "We do have an entire common room to ourselves."