Chapter 17 Azkaban Sentence

"Hermione wake up!" Hermione woke up to someone carefully nudging her. After adjusting to the light, she realized Harry was the one who was trying to wake her up. Suddenly, she realized she was no longer on Hogwarts grounds.

  "What happened? Where's Draco?"

  "Hermione he's gone", Harry said with a sad face. "Do you not remember?" She knew her dream was too good to be real. Draco standing up to Lucius for something he wanted to fight for was something that would never happen. To be honest, she thought the whole thing was absurd, but of course it was all a dream.

  "Oh, I remember", Hermione said as the memory burned into her head.

(FLASHBACK)

  Hermione looked back at the destroyed castle in front of her. "Everything's going to change now isn't it?"

  "Yes", Draco said pushing her hair out of her face. "..but for the greater good", he said as he entwined his fingers with hers. They walked hand in hand through the Great Hall doors. Everyone had shocked looks on their faces, including Lucius and Narcissa.

  "Draco, what are you doing? Her blood is filthy!", Lucius said loudly to his son. Draco released Hermione's hand as he heard his father's words. His happy smile turned into a disappointed look. Both Hermione and Draco were aware that their bond was going to be short lived. Even after their happy moment in the Great Hall, certain barriers would always stand in the way of what could have been.

  Hermione noticed a lot of people moved their attention to Draco and Hermione's situation. "Your moronic friends are staring at us", she heard someone whisper in her ear as she stared straight ahead, and realized exactly who is was before jabbing him in his side with her elbow.

  "In love with a Mudblood?", Lucius stated in a cold manner. "You are no son of mine." It was at that point in what he said that shattered him completely. A part of Draco's heart started to break. He loved his parents more than anything. He'd even attempt to kill Dumbledore just to keep them alive. He just got them back from a world that they were killed in, and now they were abandoning him as if he was a stranger to them. It hurt him. It truly did, but he refused to show his emotions.

"Well, alright then. That's that", Draco said coldly, and tried to pretend that it didn't mean anything, but Hermione saw right through it.

"Draco...", she said nudging his arm. "It's not worth it. You love your parents, don't deny it. I will always be a Mudblood to them." Hermione let out a breath she wasn't aware she was holding as she could feel her emotions start to take over. "You and I both know this was eventually coming to an end. We made it, but it's time to go back to our normal lives, and I am not apart of yours. They would never accept." Hermione stated as she started to back away from him. "I can't come between you and your parents."

"Granger...", he said sadly.

"Goodbye, Draco." As his name left her mouth he felt his heart shatter. He wanted to fight for her, and prove to his parents that he didn't believe in blood prejudice anymore. Unfortunately, Draco knew that Hermione wouldn't let him do such a thing. They were both stubborn in their own ways. As she walked back toward her friends, Draco knew that he had lost her for good. He turned to face his parents while he looked at the ground.

"Come, Draco..", Narcissa said as she stretched out her arm for him to take. 'Don't look back, don't look back', he told himself as the Malfoy family made their way across the bridge.

   Draco suddenly felt a small object in his pocket. Slipping his hand in his pocket, Draco grabbed the small object and pulled it out to view. The ring he had given Hermione laid in his land. Draco had no clue when she managed to slip the object in his pocket. However, Hermione's words seemed to play on repeat in his head. "You and I both know this was eventually coming to an end. We made it, but it's time to go back to our normal lives, and I am not apart of yours.