Original Cliche

Okay, so here we go, the first idea that popped into my mind related to Wattpad this time:

I want to write original stories (as much as I can) but on this website cliche rules, so how am I going to go around this? I have to remind you guys that I usually write in the chicklit and romance genre as those are also what I read most.

I enjoy my stories, God knows I do like writing them (not really religious), but sometimes I think there is not enough impact and I tend to want to use some cliches to bring that BANG, BOOM, ZANG into my work. But then I soon cringe at the idea and give up, because there is only so much stuff I can overlook.

After a while I stare at the HOT list because let's face it, we all want to get there sometime... I mean who posts on Wattpad and doesn't want to have their work read? Just keep it in your drawer where no one can see it. XD

Anyhow, I'm missing the point... so I look at the Hot List and all I see are cliche stories (some of them beautifully written to be honest, especially in Romance/werewolf, vampire, you get my drift), nevertheless, still full of the same ideas, plots and everything else, only the writing styles and names differ, even those can sometimes be similar, and I think to myself, what will it take to get up there so more people would read my work?

I don't want to hear people saying that they only write for themselves, sure writing is pleasurable for most of us, but like I said before, we wouldn't be posting on the web if we didn't want anyone else to read our work.

So the problem is... do I want to have my work be a bundle of cliches that makes everyone happy, or do I want to stay faithful to my own style and write how I feel is best?

Just so you know, I already went ahead and decided on that some time ago, and since I can't write the commercial cliche bundle everyone seems to look for, I'm just gonna go with what I know, being original (or so I think). (◑_◑)

Here is a new challenge for you guys!

I want each of you to give me a title of a book I can read without cringing.

One of the books in the comment section will get votes from me and comments, and if it fits I will also add it to my Newbie Stars Collection!

Now there is only one rule, don't promote your own book. Tell me about a book of your friend who is highly imaginative, a follower who you like, random newbie you stumbled across... this kind of stuff.