Why are Colors Such a Cliche?

Talking about cliche problems, I often read books that complained that everyone has blue or green eyes and that it's such a cliche.

I kind of get it, I mean indeed there are more people with brown eyes than sky like blue or emerald green, but did you ever stop to think that maybe the author himself is from a country where these kind of colors are normal? (I have cousins from Russia and their whole family are blondes with blue eyes)

Another thing, I myself have blue eyes and I often transfer part of my looks to my main character... so just forgive me for using my own damn eye color as an inspiration.

I also like the blonde green eyes and raven hair blue eyes combo so I use them because I want to like my characters, why can't I just use whatever I want without people saying it's a cliche.

Note: Of course there are also those people who use these eye colors in the most stupid way... everyone in the whole book has only this eye color, now that's just wrong, diversity is good at times like this.

I also heard how writers only have caucasian leads and such, that's not true, I at least read a couple of books where people were of other nations, might be just me finding these though. Some of even incorporated some slang and I must say, kind of hard to relate when that happens to any character.

Returning to me, because after all this book is about my rants, I live in a country where except gypsies (which mostly keep to their own communities), you rarely see other nations... now, why would I write about  African, Chinese, Portuguese and what not, when they're not part of my day to day life (no offense to anyone, for me the character matters more than the color of their skin).

You people want it to be realistic and such, then try putting yourself in my shoes and in my city, you'll soon see there are tons of differences between how I live and the people around me, than the usual USA movie type you're so used to.

Get over these ideas that everywhere else is the same as where you live, it's not, and unless you visited and know what you're talking about, you better not jump to conclusion.

Eg: "Oh, this writer doesn't have a single black person among its characters, such a cliche... "

JUST NO!