Lake Girl (Little Shy Ariel)

Today at work things were so slow that I didn't know what to do so I wrote this. During he course of LSA I'll be writing a few of these from Harry's POV so you can see what's going on with Niall and also Harry of course.

~this one shot takes place between chapters 1-7 of LSA~

Bel, xx

-:-:-:-

Lake Girl
Harry Styles

One of the reasons why I insisted Niall so much to come back to the centre was to find Ella. I know I'll never felt what Niall felt when she decided to walk away to live her life first. A part of me understands her but another part wishes she would've also picked to stay in Niall's life, and with that, in my life as well.

I miss her; we became good friends during those months that with the lads we spent here. She was brutally honest and she treated me like a normal guy. Se laughed at me shamelessly and although it might sound weird I liked it. It made me feel normal.

I miss our constant banter and our lame jokes. She was the only person who really thought my knock knock jokes were funny.

So even when I saw Niall doing much better, being happy and the carefree lad that we all know and love, I also thought it would be a good idea to find her or to find something about her. We exchanged numbers during our time in the centre but then she changed number again. I guess she wanted to cut loose from all the ties to her old life. So Ella didn't just move on, she completely disappeared for us. I want to know how she's doing, if she passed all her courses, if she likes Oxford and so on. I just want to see my friend and I thought Niall would also like that but since we arrived to the centre is like we came back to the first stage. He looks so sad and I feel so guilty about it. Now I know I shouldn't have insisted so much, it wasn't a good idea because Ella wiped her existence from this place. No one knows anything about her. Not even Cami, one of the employees that helped Niall so much last year.

I should've thought of Niall instead of my desire to see my friend.

This break is definitely not going as planned. I almost died! And I mean it, one day I almost drowned but somehow someone saved me. I don't know who she is, I just know she saved me. I don't remember much of that night -I had a headache for two days after that-, just a blurry image of a girl with I think red her, bright red hair, who sang to me. I don't know why she did that but I do remember the effect of her voice, how her lullaby brought peace to my body and how I relaxed, how all the fear went away and I could only listen to her.

And since then my priorities have changed a bit. I accepted we won't find out anything about Ella here, but considering we already came I think it's good to at least cheer Niall up. A place so amazing like this one can't make him sad. Great things happened here and he should remember those days with a smile. I know it's hard but I think that if he does that it'd be a clear sign that he actually moved on.

As for myself... I want to find that girl and thank her. She saved my life but ran away before I could even see her. Why would she run away from me? She did something good but she hid later. Why? It makes no sense to me.

So she is a mystery and I can't resist to mysteries. I want to know why she ran away even before she could make sure I was okay -I would've stayed until I was sure the victim was going to survive- and what she was doing at almost midnight in the lake.

I can't help it being intrigued. Coming to this centre is coming to a different world and doing different things. I don't normally chase someone who saved my life then hid. I want to do that now.

Plus, she keeps running! I've gone to look for her to the lake and I saw her one day, but she ran away again and hid in the forest from me. Why? Why doesn't she want to let me thank her?

But it's weird. It's not only that. I left a note for her and she replied. So it's not like she doesn't want me to thank her, she just doesn't want to see me and I don't get it. Why saving me if she doesn't want to face me?

I find myself constantly thinking of her, wondering who she is and stopping every time I see a girl with a hair like hers. It's not a natural red hair, it's not ginger; it's like blood red and to my bad luck there are many girls around with a hair like that. I've seen five so far but all of them work for the centre and I don't think they would go to the lake at midnight.

When I thought I finally found her turns out she's mute. I met a girl by the lake during the day with the same red hair from the girl who saved me but she's mute, she didn't utter a single sound when I talked to her. How can she be my saviour when she can't sing?

To be honest it's quite disappointing that I still can't find her and I'm starting to believe I never will. She doesn't want to face me and she won't. I can't force her. Maybe the reason is a mystery to me but I'm sure there is a valid reason for her behaviour. I just wish I could find this lake girl, even if it's just to say thank you for saving my life.

It's a pity because this mute girl I met by the lake is really cute. I wish she would be the same lake girl who saved me.

I guess I just have to give up.