Christmas Plans (Brave Bold Belle)

Merry Christmas everyone! Well, Belle and Liam (Biam, unless someone comes with something better) won the poll so I wrote this. I tried not to make it too spoiler-ish, but it's hard. Christmas is yet to come in the plotline and the FF version is behind compared to the TF version (if you are reading the latter then you won't get spoilers at all). If you're only reading the FF version... then you'll have to wait to see how these two get to this place muahahaha!

Happy reading!
Bel, xx

-:-:-

Christmas Plans
Belle Reed

As every year, the label is having a Christmas party and of course, Dad is invited and I can't skip it this year. I never do. I'm always Dad's plus one but this year there's an invitation for me as part of the label, after all I did sign a contract with Syco. But that's not only what's different this year, there’s also the fact that Liam is coming. Despite father being part of Syco for many years, I never saw One Direction in one of these parties. I wouldn't blame them, the party for artists is in another place because it's known youngster party differently. I frequently was the youngest of these parties.

When Liam asked me what I was doing for Christmas I answered automatically that I’m going with Father to this party. It's what I do every year, I didn't even hesitate. He invited me to the other party, the one he attends to but I told him it’s like the only tradition I have, so I wouldn’t feel comfortable changing it now.

"Then I'll go to that party, too," he said, surprising me. "I'm sure Simon will be glad to introduce us to the investors and whatnot. Plus, Harry is also going, for what I heard, because Ariel is going to that one."

"Oh right, she mentioned that," I smiled. "Then I guess we have plans for Christmas Eve."

So I'm not surprised to find Liam, Harry and Ariel at the party when I arrive with my father. Ariel greets my father warmly. They've grown close and I think Dad sees her as another daughter and that's another reason why he's trying so hard to make it work. They are doing a wonderful job so far, I’ve heard some of the finished songs and just love them. Then Harry shakes his hand and finally Liam.

"Well, I guess this year I'll leave you in better company, Belle," my father says and I kiss his cheek before he leaves me there with the others.

The place is crowded with men in suits and women in beautiful and elegant dresses. They all look like they are swimming in money but I'm not surprised to see them, either. It's almost the same faces every year. Even some reporters that are allowed for the first thirty minutes of the party.

Ariel looks lovely in a pastel, knee-length dress and next to her Harry looks very handsome in a black suit with a pattern shirt. However Liam, he looks so handsome that it is hard to notice the others. He's wearing a black shirt and suit, no tie but the shirt has a different cut that makes it special. He looks clean, sharp and sophisticated and when he approaches me my heart races a bit.

"You look beautiful tonight," he says wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling closer to give me a light peck on the lips. "Merry Christmas Eve."

I reply with the same and wish the same to Harry and Ariel. We stay there, having a normal conversation and after a while we are approached by Simon and my father because they want to introduce Ariel to some investors. It's a calm evening and it's mostly the four of us. We don't go wild but we don't get bored. We have fun among ourselves, laughing and I'm surprised to see Liam and Ariel actually getting along. She has a hard time with new people but she tries her best. The difference is clear when she's with us, she's more comfortable, she jokes and laughs out loud. And she's always next to Harry, it even seems they are in sync or something.