Chapter Three

*Not Edited*

Chapter Three

“W-What?” I stuttered in shock. Did I hear her correctly? She actually found him?

Leah beamed at me and sat down on my bed. “I found your baby daddy! You’re welcome.”

I opened my mouth to say something but no sound came out. She found him. She actually found him.

“How?” I managed to croak out after a minute of silence.

“It’s a long story. I went back to the hotel and managed to convince the guy at the reception to give me the info.”

“How?” I repeated, still feeling stunned.

“Trust me you do not want to know.” She answered, shuddering a little.

“What did you do?” I eyed her warily. Leah always does reckless things without thinking about the consequences. She’s spontaneous and adventurous which isn’t a bad thing but it does often get her in trouble.

“Nothing illegal so you can stop staring at me like that.”

I waited for her to continue and tell me how she finally convinced the receptionist to give Gabriel’s details but instead she took my laptop from my lap and pressed the paper she was holding into my hand.

With trembling fingers I turned the paper over and looked at what was written.

Gabriel Drakos.

Underneath his name was a mobile number. My finger traced the paper as my mind became a tangled mess of thoughts. My heart sped up as I thought of what I had to do next. I didn’t want to do this now, this was the part I was dreading since I knew I was pregnant.

“Call him.” Leah’s voice interrupted my thoughts, I looked up at her before my eyes drifted back to the paper I was holding.

“Now?” I asked, a huge part of me was hoping she would say no.

“Yeah now.” Leah passed me my phone and gave me a nod of encouragement.

I began to breathe heavily as I unlocked my phone and went on the keypad. This is it. I took a deep breath and exhaled sharply before I began dialling his number.

My heart began to pound rapidly as the line connected and began to ring. My whole body trembled slightly as my nervousness began increase by the second. I waited anxiously for him to pick up and after eight rings it went to voicemail.

“It's gone to voicemail.” I mumbled as the woman’s voice on the automated answering system filled my ears. I couldn’t help but feel slightly relieved that he didn’t pick up.

“Leave a message!” Leah hissed just as I was about to end the call.

I placed the phone near my ear again just in time for the beep. “Er, erm h-hi.” I spluttered into the phone suddenly not knowing what to say.

I looked at Leah in panic. “It’s Nina, erm we met a couple of months ago at Liquids.” I stopped and Leah gestured with her hand to carry on. “I was erm, hoping I could speak to you about something, it’s important. So, er, call me back, bye!”

As soon as I hung up I let out a sigh of relief and ran my hands through my hair. That had to have been the most nerve-wracking thing I’ve ever done, my heart was still pounding like crazy.

“Oh god.” I sighed, leaning into my pillow I glanced at Leah and shook my head. I closed my eyes and let out another sigh.

Now we wait.