Chapter Six

*Not Edited*

Chapter Six 

My heart began to race and my eyes widened dramatically as Gabriel casually got up from the sofa and took a step closer to me.

I instinctively took a step back and glanced around for anything I could use to defend myself. My eyes fell on the hot chocolate I had place down just seconds, I lunged for it and held it tightly in my grasp.

“D-don’t come any closer.” I threatened holding the cup higher so he could see.

His eyes fell on the cup I was holding and he held up his hands giving looking amused. “I’m not going to hurt you.”

“How did you get in my house? Wait how do you even know where I live?” I asked feeling horrified, he knew where I lived, how did he even find out? He knew nothing about me, not even my last name.

“Calm down, put the mug down. You’ll burn yourself.” He said slowly and calmly. I didn’t even notice that my body was trembling and the hot chocolate was slightly spilling onto my shoes and the carpet.

I watched his hesitantly for a few seconds before I put the mug on the table. “Y-you broke in to my house. How do you know where I live?”

“I have my ways.” He stated before motioning for me to sit down on the sofa.

I shook my head, there was no way I’m voluntarily going any closer to the man who had just broken into my house. “What ways?” I pressed wanting an answer.

“You should sit down, you look exhausted.” He said completely ignoring my question.

“Answer me, how did you find out where I lived?” I yelled at him, it was scaring me how he easily found out where I lived in a few hours and with him not telling me how I felt even more petrified.

“How did you get my number?” He fired back looking more amused than annoyed.

“I-that’s not even important. What you did is way creepier!” I defended myself, but in truth I had no idea how Leah managed to get the number. Every time I would ask she would just wink and say ‘you’re welcome.’

“Unlike your friend I didn’t kiss a receptionist, lock him in the back room and go through customer records. I simply asked.”

My mouth flew open when he said that. Leah did what?!

“Judging by that horrified look on your face, I’m assuming you didn’t know your little friend did that?”

I gaped at him not knowing what to say. He was right I had no idea that’s what she did. I just assumed she managed to sweet talk him into giving the number.

“No, wait they’re not going to press charges are they?” I asked him, hoping he would say no. Hotels have cameras everywhere they could easily identify her. I’m sure what she did was illegal. I couldn’t let her get into trouble because of me. She was only trying to help me.

“I took care of it.”

I let out a sigh of relief, she wasn’t going to get in any trouble. But I am going to kill her when she gets home.

“Your license plate.”

“What?”

“I took down your license plate, and tracked down your address. Now that that’s been cleared, we have more important issues to discuss.” He sat down on the sofa and looked over at me.

“You can’t do that! Well not legally anyway!”

He raised one of his eyebrows. “Your friend didn’t get my number legally.”