Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

I took my hand out of Leah's and looked at it, it looked the same to me. "There's nothing on my hand."

"Exactly! Just a couple of hours ago, it was bleeding now there's not even a mark there." Leah exclaimed looking stunned.

I raised an eyebrow in disbelief. "Are you sure it cut my hand?"

"Yes!" Leah screamed. "I cleaned up the broken glass and I cleaned up your blood that was splattered on the floor."

I blinked and stared at both my right and left hand, there was nothing there. I held up both hands so my palms were facing her.

"Nina, I'm not lying. There was blood pouring out from your hand and I don't know how it's-..." Leah stopped midsentence, her eyes widening as if she realised something. "You know what maybe you're right. Maybe I was panicking and just seeing things."

"I didn't say you were seeing things, Leah." I told her gently, feeling a little confused at how suddenly she changed her mind.

"I know you didn't but that's probably what happened." She told me giving me a tight smile. "I mean you can't heal that quickly, no one can. It's not...human."

"Okay?" I slowly drawled out.

"I'm glad you and the baby are okay." She told me standing up. "I just got to pop out and do something." She bent down and gave me a brief hug.

"Wait, what?"

"Bye!" She yelled out, leaving the room before I could even stand up.

"Bye." I whispered. Today has been...weird. That's the only way to describe everything that's happened.

I slowly got up from the sofa and headed for my room. I felt tired and I'll I wanted to do was sleep. I decided to have a quick shower before I got into bed. After a calming ten minute shower, I went into my room and began pulling out a pair of pyjamas from my wardrobe.

I was massaging in a body lotion on my left arm when I noticed the skin looking slightly red near the joint of my arm where the veins are. I frowned and moved my arm closer so I could see better.

I didn't know a sample of my blood was taken today. The only time it was taken was the first time I went to see Dr Lane. Dr Montgomery didn't mention this when I asked her what they did, neither did Gabriel who I presume was by my side at all times.

I gently poked the skin, it seemed more different. The skin seemed more tender than last time as if a needle has been stuck there for a long time, instead of a couple of minutes.

Shrugging it off, I grabbed the paper prescription bag that contained the tablets I needed to take daily. I turned the bag upside down and all the content of the bag fell onto to my bed. I frowned when I saw my phone there too, I guess Gabriel had put it in the bag. I had completely forgotten that he had taken my phone before, with everything that happened worrying about my phone wasn't my top priority.

I put the pills on my bedside table so I remember to take it and got into bed. I stared at the ceiling and sighed.

Life sucks right now.

@=#~=~#=@

Gabriel was sticking to his words and was giving me the space I has asked for. He would call at least twice a day to make sure I was taking the pills and I'm feeling okay but that was it. The conversation would only last a couple of minutes. I decided not to go into Uni for a couple of days and instead just do work at home so that I don't stress out too much.

For some unfathomable I couldn't help but think something is up with Leah. After that day she's been acting slightly off and I get the feeling she avoiding me. I didn't want to confront her about it because I could just be feeling slightly paranoid and its Leah, she would tell me if something was wrong. Leah wasn't someone who would hide her feelings, if she felt a certain way about you she would tell you straight up.