Chapter Four

*Not Edited*

Chapter Four

“Shit! What do I do?” I hissed at Leah, waving the phone near her face so she can read the name.

Her eyes widened dramatically and she lunged for the phone. She snatched the phone off me and accepted the call. She positioned the phone down in between us and put it on speaker.

“Talk.” She muttered so quietly that if I wasn’t sitting an inch away from her I wouldn’t have heard it.

I heart began to race as I stared down at the phone in horror. I didn’t know what to say!

“Hello?” A deep husky male voice called out after a few seconds of silence.

I gaped desperately at Leah who was frantically motioning for me to talk but I couldn’t form any words.

“Hello?” The male voice probed again, sounding annoyed.

“Hi.” I squeaked, before clearing my throat. “Hi.” I repeated, my voice much louder than before.

“Nina? What do you want to discuss with me?” He inquired, getting straight to the point.

“Y-yeah, it’s Nina.” I told him, my voice trembling slightly. “I was kind of hoping I could talk to you face to face, I erm don’t think this should be said over a phone call.”

“Alright.” He said after a few seconds of silence. “I’ll be back in town tomorrow. Where do you want to meet?”

I was a little stunned that he agreed to meet me quickly I thought I would have needed persuade him or he would demand I tell him over the phone.

“Uh…” I ran my hand through my hair trying to think of a place where I could speak to him without anyone seeing.

“My place?” He offered with a slight chuckle.

Leah snickered quietly causing me to glare at her. She mouthed the name of a little café that was ten minutes away from campus.

“There’s a café called Callie’s on Levine Street. It’s opposite Tesco Supermarket.”

“What time?” He questioned quickly. I could hear movement and voices in the background which suggested that he wasn’t alone anymore.

 “Two. Is that okay?” I asked him hoping he would say yeah.

The only time I was free tomorrow was 1 to 3 and the café closed at 6 which was when I finished my lecture, so I couldn’t meet up with him after lecture finishes. If he couldn’t make it then I wouldn’t be able to see him until Friday which was three days away.

“Yeah. See you then.” He answered rapidly and hung up without waiting for a reply.

I exhaled sharply and closed my eyes. I was not looking forward to tomorrow at all but it had to be done.

“He sounds hot.” Leah said making me snap my eyes open.

“He is.” I admitted, thinking back to that day when I saw him at the club. The first thing I thought when he caught my eyes was how sexy he was. I couldn’t help be drawn to him after that, and I wasn’t the only one. He had something about him that made him seem powerful and mysterious.

“He thinks you want to see him because you want a repeat of that night.” Leah laughed. “My place.” She imitated him in a deep voice before laughing hysterically.

I rolled my eyes. “It’s not even that funny.” I grumbled but Leah continued to laugh anyway.

Giving her a playful push, I reached for the pasta I was having before I was interrupted.