Prologue

Published: December 31st, 2018

Status: Unedited

***

Prologue:

   "Why do you stay?" It's such a silly question that seems to be asked way too often. He's my strength, my light, my protector, my soon to be everything.

   There's little that I wouldn't do for him. I would walk him through the darkest parts of our pasts for the better and bear the pain, for him. I would use the utmost tenderness to comfort him in his times of sorrow, and have the strength to protect him from future heartache. I wouldn't just die for him, I would live for him as well.

   He's my everything, but above all, he's my Alpha, the master of my heart.

   He's something sinfully dark and equally beautiful. In his eyes I see my future, a life of redemption and newfound love and light.

   His sheer love rains over me like a never ending hurricane, and somehow it gives me power that I thought was lost forever. It consumes me, taking everything I was, to turn me into what I could be.

   Why did I stay? The answer is simple. I wanted him, for everything he has to offer, and for everything he is.

   But it seems that to a small mind, things just couldn't be that simple. How can a prideful Alpha like himself, love a fiery, headstrong spirit such as me?

   This would be in the end, what drives us apart, and into the depths of madness and chaos.

* * *

   "...Do what sets you free."

   Five simple words that would send Vivian Armani's life spiraling out of control, and into the arms of an Alpha whose heart was set on revenge and control.

   After the betrayal of her trust by two people who swore they'd love her most, she turns her back on the ones who promised to protect her through the highest of highs and lowest of lows.

   She turned her back on pack.

   Seeking help to deal with the pent up emotions she could no longer control, Vivian had been seeing a counselor that would give her heaps of advice that she never cared to take, until five words stuck out to her above all.

   In a twisted turn of events Fate brings together an unlikely pair with confusing pasts and loads of problems to sort through, but they'll push against the odds and try to come out on top.

   In the end, Vivian Armani would learn all about what it meant to be set free.