☪︎ Chapter Six

☪︎ Chapter Six: Vivian('s POV).

Published: January 31st, 2019.

Status: Unedited

***

   Cold, wet, darkness. A feeling of dread came over my body before I even opened my eyes. My heart was beating a thousand miles a minute as I fisted the cold dirt beneath my fingertips. To my surprise I felt strong, a drastic change to what I'd felt that day, so I knew this had to be a dream. A hardly forgotten memory, but still a dream.

   "No no no," my voice was hushed as I force myself to an upright sitting position and look down at my body.

   My coronation dress.

   The flowy silk material cascades down my body, hugging my waist and accenting the shape of my hips and bust. The pearlescent white shimmered against the early morning sun, and I was momentarily stunned by all the memories linked to the flimsy material on my body.

   "Vivian, hon, what're you doing out here? It's freezing, and you're a filthy mess!" My body went stiff as I saw the bubbly brunette hastily make her way towards me from the front porch.

   "L-Lana?" I felt like I was in a daze as she shot me a bright smile while pulling on my arm.

   "You act like you've just seen a ghost, silly. Come on, let's getcha cleaned up. It's a big night tonight, love." She hoists me up to my feet and tugs at my arm but I resist. Even when she casts a confused glance over her shoulder.

   "You're not real," I whisper and she gives a humorless laugh.

   "Of course I am, Viv. Now let's go inside." Her voice was pressing as she attempted to tug me once more. I yank my arm from her grasp and step away to put some distance between us.

   "You aren't my friend, you don't care about me.." My head was spinning as I stumbled backwards. More memories, darker memories were flooding in. My coronation, my family, her betrayal.

   "Enough of this, come home, don't you miss me?" Tears sprung to my eyes after the question, and a sinking feeling settled in my heart.

   "The old you, more than anything."

   "Luna?" I open my eyes to see Kya standing at the side of my bed with a set of fresh clothes in hand, a towel, and brush.

   "Are- Are you alright? You, were talking about someone named Lana while you were asleep." She sets down the clothes and towel on my bedside table while simultaneously picking up a glass of water and handing it to me.

   "Yes, of course, thank you Kya." I take a sip of water then hand her the glass and lay back down. She stands there for a few moments silently then laughs.

   "I'll take it you forgot about Kathryn's challenge?" Her voice was light as she sat on the chair next to my bed and I groan.

   "Right, the challenge over the Luna position." I wasn't worried in the slightest, if anything she was just a minor bump in the road, one I didn't feel like dealing with in the first place.