☪︎ Chapter Seven

☪︎ Chapter Seven: Vivian('s POV).

Published: February 7th, 2019

Status: Unedited

***

   "Don't let the audience or Kathryn intimidate you, okay? You're going to do amazing, I can feel your wolf and she's strong, she's ready to fight for the pack and I'm sure you're getting the same feeling." A million thoughts were swirling through my mind as Kya fussed and prepped me. One of the many was how much she reminded me of Cam. The fussing, the protectiveness, it just made me miss her a hundred times more.

   The latter thought weighing me down was the jealousy swirling in the pit of my stomach that I quickly had to force down. While everyone else might feel my wolf's presence, I still feel a part of myself missing. Her absence in my mind was never something I could shake.

   "Don't give her the chance to get behind you, because once she does it's over. She'll finish you off by ripping out your spine, it's her signature kill move on rogues, and she'd be an idiot not to go for it with all the pressure she's placed on herself. Now she isn't going to show it, but she's worried, scared even. If she loses this, she loses everything. Just keep your head up and don't let anyone know if you're feeling nervous, you're going to do amazing things, Luna."

   "Vivian." I correct and she smiles.

   "Vivian."

   She then takes it upon herself to flatten down the non-existent wrinkles on my blacked out full body suit. The material clings to my body like a second skin to prevent my opponent from being able to grab at my clothes for an advantage.

   "Alright, they're waiting for you. Get out there and do big things." She gives me an encouraging smile and a rather unladylike snort leaves me as she softly pushed me out onto the field.

   Do big things. Those "big things" would be killing the ex-Beta's daughter.

   The second I walked onto the training fields the soft moonlight graces my skin with a radiant glow, lighting up the glossy bodysuit I wore. Just being outside I felt a calmness wash over me, regardless of the pack burning holes into my body and taking me in.

   I could feel Kya's nervousness radiating off her as I faced the scrutiny of the wolves before me. I knew it made her uneasy the closer they got to me, because at one point she completely stiffens as the pack members take in my scent to get acquainted with my presence.

   The closer common wolves get to the Ranks they tend to get more protective, so when Kya started growling the moment someone reached out to touch me, I wasn't surprised when she snarled.

   "Kya, be nice, I'm okay." I whisper and she clears her throat immediately snapping out of it.

   "I'm sorry, Luna." She shows the crown of her head before slowly averting her gaze besides me where Eric waits with a nervous smile.

   "Right this way." Eric gently ushers me away from the curious people towards a large circle on the field, outlined by the awaiting pack members.

   The moment we break through the sea of people my eyes settle on Kathryn, who's standing in the middle arguing in a hushed tone with Tyler. It didn't take long before he stormed off to stand beside Amelia who soothingly traced his arm.

   I wasn't worried in the slightest as I made my way to the pissed off she-wolf that was now staring my figure down with beady eyes and her lips turned back in a snarl. And although I wasn't scared, every step Eric took beside me is heavy and hesitant until we get to the middle of the circle, and it's like he doesn't want to let me go.