Birthday Presents

***********************************************************************************************************************

Hey, Readers! So, I'm tired. I'm really stuck on LOFK, so I'm just gonna go to here. I'm also REALLY CRAVING CHINESE FOOD! cuz ya know, that's the best thing in the whole entire universe. Just Saying. Anyhoo, here's Chapter 26, ENJOY!!!!! =^.^=

***********************************************************************************************************************

Lucy P.O.V

"You want me to do what?" Len exclaimed, his jaw dropping.

I sighed. "I want you to go live with Aunt Mira. I'm not too comfortable with you staying at the apartment alone with me being hospitalized. "

"But I don't wanna live with Lisanna and Aunt Mira! Too many girls!" He grimaced. "I'm fine being in the apartment alone."

"I bet you can, but it still makes me uneasy thinking you're sleeping there alone. Anything could happen and I wouldn't be there to protect you." I grabbed his hand and squeezed it tightly. "Can you please do this, Len. For me?"

My little brother looked at me with sad eyes. He sighed and began to pout. "You know, if you weren't sick, I wouldn't be doing this."

I smiled. I pressed my lips against his forehead and whispered, "I love you."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," he muttered. He soon had to leave since it was getting late. For the first time in a while, I hadn't seen Natsu all day. Usually he would at least show up during lunch or breakfast to at least eat with me. It didn't really surprise me. He probably had a lot to think about, with me having cancer and all. It was kind of a burden. There was a sudden knock on the door, and it was Erza and Levy standing by the door. They carried bags of what looked like chips, sandwiches, sweets, and juice. I smiled and waved at first, but then I realized that they still didn't know yet. They still didn't that I had cancer. I could feel my infected heart getting heavier and heavier. "Hey Lucy!"

"Yo," Erza said.

"H-Hi guys," I said, putting on my best fake smile. "What are you two doing here?"

"Well, we thought that you could use some company!" Levy said. They surrounded  me around the bedside and placed the bags of food on my bed. Erza looked at me and suddenly touched my chin and cheeks. "Are they even feeding you there? You've lost some weight."

"O-Of course they are!" I exclaimed, laughing awkwardly. "Three full meals a day!" They didn't looked convinced for a minute, but shrugged it off and began to open the bags of potato and barbecue chips. They began to talk among  themselves, making me feel guiltier and guiltier. I should tell them...It's what friends do, right? I shouldn't be lying to them about something so important. I cleared my voice, trying to get their attention. "There's something...I have to tell you guys."

Erza, with a mouth full of marshmallows, looked up. She swallowed and asked, "About what?"

"About...About my health." Their faced turned serious. They put their foods down and wiped the corners of their mouths to show a little respect. They were ready to listen. I was ready to speak.  "Well...a few days ago, I had a little accidet-"

"An accident!" Levy gasped. 

"Are you alright?" Erza asked. 

I sighed sadly. "Kind of...Not really. After my accident, they ran some tests on me and...well, I tested positive for cancer." They all froze. Levy looked at at me and asked, "Y-You're joking with us, right?"