Chapter 6 ~The Meeting

As Lily was about to close the door on the order, she a sudden urge to talk to Dumbledore, about everything that happened. Although she had talked about the encounter in the meeting, mere seconds ago, she held something back that she didn't want to say in front of everyone, not even the fathers of her child, James and Sirius, as Sirius would placed it.

In truth she has accepted the fact, her relationship, involved Sirius, as he was practically a part of James. Closer than brothers, and more than twins; they were in a way, the same.

"Dumbledore" she called out into the air. Dumbledore has left five minutes ago, although a part of her felt he had heard her.

Yes, Lily dear?" answered Dumbledore out of nowhere; it was like he just appeared out of thin air, like a hollow breath on a cold winter night - like tonight.

"Yes, Lily dear?" he repeated again, while Lily stared into the morning sky. "Dumbledore," Lily began, after shaking herself from her thoughtful trance, "will anything be the same again?"

"I don't think that's your question, Mrs Potter, now is it?" Dumbledore asked after a pregnant moment of thought.

"No, Dumbledore" answered Lily. As Dumbledore signalled to continue, Lily took a deep breath and said "Do you know why Peter betrayed us?" The words came stumbling out, but she knew he had heard her. Had understood her puzzling question.

It was as if a layer of stone was lifted from her shoulders creating a smile on her face, which quickly disappeared.

"No, but I do have a hunch, which I hope you accept me not saying, as I am going to investigate this further, and I must be certain before I can say" Dumbledore said, which left Lily astounded. 

"O- O- Okay," Lily stated, muttered, as Shane overcame her.

"Ahh, Lily my dear, I apologise, although you must understand, I do not to speak out of turn. When people may speak, they should use their words carefully, as once it is said, if cannot be unsaid," a twinkle in his eyes present. He was about to turn around, when he momentarily paused once more, before turning back around. "Please return this to your husband," he reached into his robes. "I'm afraid he allowed me to inspect it, and haven't had the chance of returning it." Dumbledore handed over a parcel, and Lily knew instantly what it was.

As she looked back up, she saw her old headmaster was gone. As she closed the door and looked over at Harry with James and Sirius and Remus, she knew that they could only go up.

****
A week had passed, and they had moved to the Potter Household. Anxious to attempt to reform their life's, the young parents silently agreed not to voice what has happened. They needed time, and time was what they had.

Sirius birthday was three days after. It was the first year since their first year of Hogwarts, that they hadn't celebrated. The memories of their parties were too raw; every memory they shared, he was in them.

The traitor.

Although on that particular day, Sirius was called for a hearing, as he preformed magic in-front of thirteen muggles - exposing them to magic. The case was... tiresome to say the least, and was giving a warning, due to the circumstances.

It was in the early hours of the morning when James heard Lily downstairs, pacing. James had noticed that she did this why she was nervous, and did it before every exam, and test she had every done.

Stretching, James yawned and got of the warm and cosy bed. He had just reached the door when he looked behind to see is delightful bed, that kept him toasty at night. Oh the joys they were, and what a struggle at the same time. He looked at the James indent in the mattress and had an argument in his brain, about whether or not to go back to sleep.