Chapter 7 ~ Christmas Shopping

It was two weeks after the incident, and James had decided to go meet up with Remus and Sirius. They were planning on doing a bit of Christmas shopping as it was November, and they wanted to try and bring the happiness back.

"Right, I was thinking that we could buy a diary for Lily, because lately she's been so emotional, but won't voice her problems, and girl does she need to get those feelings out," stated Sirius, ending his speech, snapping his fingers in a sassy way- he's trademark move. Sirius had attempted a joke, although it did not go down well.

"Sirius," started an angry and confused James, "that's my wife!"

"So, I knew you before her, and she's practically married to us all so, yeah..." his speech, slowly drifted away. Bewilderment was present on the three boys faces.

Both adults looked at Remus, who sorrowfully had his head in his hands, shaking his head thinking "why, oh why, did I agree to come?"

"Remus, what do you think? Should I, Lily Potter's HUSBAND choose her main Christmas present, or Sirius, the drunken brother?"

"Hold on a second, I've gone from husband to brother, jezz thanks." 

"Sirius, buy her what you want, but let James buy her the main present."

"I was just trying to be nice..."

Sirius voice echoed throughout the train station, for the next 20 minutes. Must to his friends dismay, he only got louder when walking the muggle streets.

I think I'm gonna get Harry a muggle teddy bear and then put a spell on it, so it speaks". Remus held up a red teddy bear, and smiled thinking of how the boy would love Christmas morning. It would be a special time, as he was now one and a bit, so he's be more alive than his first Christmas.

Flashback

"Come on Prongs 2.0, this is a broom, hope on it, and zoom over to the net and score, then go flying for the snitch. Okay, maybe your not the best at that, how about hitting this ball with a bat? Okay no, oh I know, sit here by the goals, and keep watch on the ball!"

Laughing Remus tried to break it to Sirius that Harry was not even half a year old, so he could hardly play yet!

"Sirius, give up, he's five months old, leave him to it"

"No Remus, I can see it in his eyes, he's taking everything in, it's just the baby fat, he can't move. He's determined, I know it."

"Sirius, he's eating the broom."

All the adults turned to see Harry chewing on the plastic broom.

"No Harry darling, you can't eat that! It's dangerous" shrieked an anxious Lily.

"Lily, he's a Potter, let him at it, it's part of he's training.

Lily turned to face Sirius, "Sirius, your 21 years old, grow up. Also Harry may take after me and not be a flying same with -"

Lily immediately stopped herself, herself and James hadn't told the boys that they were planning on having another child.

Thankfully Sirius and Remus never heard, as they were arguing whether it was okay to train him as a beater with real quaffles, next year when he was two.

"Lily pop out three more children, quickly!"

"Excuse we?"

"You see, we already have two chasers, myself and James, we could train you as a seeker, and Remus as a beater, and then your children could play the other chaser, the other beater, and a keeper, and there, we have a team."

"I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but no chance I'm a playing, and how dare you tell me to pop out three more children, I'll do as I please. Also what if the children don't want to, and what if you have children?"

"Okay, well then we'll change it around when the time comes, and now that I'm thinking, you'd make a better Keeper than anything."

End of flashback

James and Sirius were the first people in the line for the checkout, ( this is because they skipped the queue).

James bought Lily some perfume, Sirius bought her deodorant, because her noticed she was smelling weird, a shaver for her legs because he saw her legs hairs were growing back, anti ageing cream, and spot cream.

"Sirius, you can't buy my wife this stuff! "
"Why not, she needs it, I saw she's not smelling of her usual scent, strawberries, I'm just trying to be nice, and I saw her legs when she slipped and feel on Harry's toy bricks, because she was bleeding, and my oh my, it was a forest. I'm telling you, you should have seen it, I could cut it all down and it would keep us warm for the rest of winter!"

"Sirius" growled James.

"What its true, and also I saw she's getting wrinkles, and and a saw a few spots on the top of her forehead. I'm only buying her practical stuff, not all the cheap things like you and Remus, speaking of which where is he?"

"I don't know, but Sirius she has wrinkles because she's worried about our safety, she's not shaving, because she only ever has about two minutes in a bath and shower before Harry cries, and because she's looking after all of us, and her scent is being over powered by Harry's baby food, and those 'spots' are actually scrapes from a few days ago, when you tried to build a treehouse while drunk, and the nails dropped onto her head, because it wasn't done properly!"

"Well to bad, I'm buying it anyway."

And with that, they walked out of the shop to see Remus coming from some beauty store.

"I just got her some makeup that she keeps harping on about to me," Remus said quickly before Sirius interrogated him. They headed into another store where James purchased baking equipment; she was becoming less afraid of the kitchen after the event in 1989.

"Okay I think it's time to head home, it's been three hours and we've got what we came for."

"I know finally understand why girls love shopping it's amazing. Also, I got myself some curlers."

"What," stated James and Remus together.

"Yeah, the girl in that beauty shop told me, it would really help my hair!"

"Wait, that's where you went when we got some food?"

"Yeah, anyway, let's get on home my feet are aching!"