Chapter 15 ~ The Start Of A New Adventure

"No Lily pie please stop. Your breaking my hand." Screamed James, who was in agonising pain.

"You try having a baby James."

It was half twelve in the middle of the night. It was now officially the first of June, and Lily was in the process of having her baby, while James was in the process of crying. Squirming under the pressure his hand felt; after an hour, he felt his hand go numb, and was worried he'd lost all touch in it.

Sirius and Marlene were anxiously waiting by the door. Sirius was reading a magazine on "Brining your dead hair back to life" while Marlene was rubbing her belly. Her baby was due in three months! That was all she had to wait, until her darling baby came into this world. Sirius and Marlene were ecstatic!

At one o'clock, Severus arrived, ghastly pale in the face. He was in his usual attire, an eerie black robe, matched with an equally charcoal black coloured clothing.

He sat awkwardly on the only available seat, besides Marlene, while she tried making conversation.

"So, Severus, hows your teaching at Hogwarts going?"

Severus, who clearly didn't want to be here, only answered in short answers, while Marlene winced, and Sirius rolled his eyes. An uncomfortable silence hung in the air, before Sirius gave in.

"Snape, I... I mean, Severus. I just want to say I'm happy your going to be the baby's godfather, and I'm sorry, for well, the bullying."

Shocked, all Severus could muster was a simply, "Thank you."

Sirius glanced up at Severus, "That's fine don't mention the bullying you did to us," he muttered into his jacket, not wanting to create a scene. Severus heard and perked his head up,
in defence. Before anyone was able to comment, James came running out of the room, breathless, caressing a limp lifeless hand, "It happened! She's born! We have a baby girl!"

Without moments hesitation they all jumped out of their seats, and ran into the room, to see a tearful Lily, holding a darling little baby, in her arms. It was a spectacular sight that day; Harry arrived in, with Mrs Weasley, and was currently sitting on his beloved mother, while his father sat beside them on the bed. One arm wrapped around them all. Severus and Sirius was holding the baby, while Marlene just looked at her husband in admiration. How he held the baby to cautious, comforted her.

After about two hours, Lily insisted that Harry should get back to the Burrow, otherwise he'd be incredibly cranky, so Harry was pried of his baby sister. Tears formed in the little boys eyes as he allowed himself to be taken by Molly. When they got home, Molly, gently whispered into Harry's ear, "Don't worry, it's only one more sleep, until you go home. Then you'll get to see your baby sister properly." An unsurprising smile formed on Harry's face, as Molly laughed, and went over and kissed Ron, on the head.

********************************************
The next day, Lily was released from the hospital at noon. Herself, James and the baby, was greeted by Sirius and Marlene in bear hugs. As Lily and Marlene took the baby home, Sirius and James both went to the Weasley's Burrow.

As they reached the front lawn, they saw the two identical boys, laughing and playing gleefully, joined with two older boys at about, seven and eight. Laughs echoed all around, mostly by a baby crawling all around the grass, at about one, flaming bright ginger hair.

And Sirius went over to see, how the boys were playing quidditch, and give them pointers, while James took the baby, that he believed, was called "Ginevra."

When he went into the kitchen, he sat her down on her playmate, before being interrupted by a startling voice, " Don't even bother James, she's a rascal that one. She crawls everywhere, but her brothers are gentle with her, she won't get hurt." He turned to find a laughing Molly making food.

"So where's Harry and Ron?"

After a thoughtful moment, Molly said, "Well, I sent Charlie, my little 'man' as he likes to be called, to go to the Lovegoods house, and Harry and Ron went with him. And since he's back, I suspect their at Rons hiding place."

Molly pointed a finger at James to follow, as they ventured out to the back of the house, where they found Harry and Ron battled with wands, and pretending to be injured. Laughing James and Molly came out of the shadows, to be greeted by theirs boys, with sheepish grins on their faces.

When James and Harry got home, Lily was their at the door waiting. Harry ran forward to his mum, as James looked and smiled. What did he do to deserve such a beautiful and intelligent wife? For a loving and adoring son, that desperately can't wait to meet his little sister and protect her?

Still with a smile on his face, he went and kissed his wife on the cheek and was led to his baby's new room. Baby Pink was painted on the walls, while the cot was placed at the side of the room, close to the windows.

Smiling Lily knew this was what she always wanted, and that it would only get better.

*****

It was about one in the morning, and James and Lily were still up talking; talking in admiration of their new life. The first order of business, was the baby's name. They had discussed it before, but the name was not definite.

"So Lils, which name should it be?"

Lily, who had put a lot of thought into this, was still uncertain. "Who things for sure though James, I want to continue on the flower name. I don't know why, but it just holds something special to me. With my grandmother being called a flower name, my own mother, and Tunney and I." At the mention of Tunney, James straighten up; he had never liked that women and her ghastly overweight husband, and anytime he ever thought of her, he's memory jogged back to that fearful and dumbfounding day at the Restaurant.

After a moment of thought, James reached out and wrapped his arm around Lily. "Well, yes Lils, I think we should. It's kind of like honouring them."

Lily felt tears brewing in her eyes. Her father had died of a heart attack due to the stress, that she had inflicted on her family. "James?" Lily whispered. "I just feel to guilty. If I wasn't a wizard, then Voldemort wouldn't have been after my parents, so they wouldn't have had that stress. Dad wouldn't have died, and neither would have mum." Lily couldn't stop the tears now; they all came tumbling down, like a rollercoaster.

"Lils. It's not your fault," James whispered into her ear. "They loved you, and you loved them, there's no denying it. Would we have liked to have more time with them, yes, for sure, but there's no other way about it. I know what your going through; when both my parents died in-front of me, I thought, I would never get over it, but in due time, I learnt to live with it, as I knew they would have wanted me to. And I know your parents would have wanted the same."

"James, why do you always know what to say, I'm meant to be the smart one." Laughing, James knew Lily was back to her usual self.

"So what do you want to call the baby?"

"Well, my grandmother was called Dahlia, my mother was called Rose, my sister's called Petunia, and I'm called Lily, so perhaps Daisy, or maybe something else."

"Well, I do like the name Daisy. It's simple, yet elegant."

"Yeah, that's what I thought. Goodnight James, and remember your getting Daisy out of the cot next."

Laughing, James whispered into the night, "That's what you think Lilykins."