Chapter 16~ Harry's Birthday

"Quick Prongs get this banner up. Hang it over the fireplace. Moony grab the birthday breakfast, we need him to have energy in him before we take him out for a run." Sirius breathed a sigh of relief as he saw the boys following his orders. It was all going good until James stopped in his tracks.

"Padfoot, Harry's my son, I should be ordering you both around."

"Please Prongs, I'm just getting ready for my own child. Also it's your fault you listened."

"I'd rather not be order around."

"Shut up Moony." Both boys shouted in unison.

"James!"

"Sirius!"

"Shut up!"

While James and Sirius had been fighting, Lily and a very pregnant Marlene had entered into the Potter Manor kitchen. What they saw was a shocking sight. Remus was covered in flour, as he was trying to make a cake. James was pointing a wooden spoon at Sirius, who had an apron on that says "I may be a chaser, but you know I'm a keeper."

"Honey, put the wooden spoon down. You'll wake Harry." Lily pleaded.

"And Sirius all this shouting isn't good for the baby." Almost immediately James dropped the wooden spoon, and nervously put a hand through his hair, a habit, he still hadn't grown out of much to Lily's dismay, (although she did secretly love it) and Sirius climbed down from the breakfast counter.

"Sorry," they both said sheepishly with a grin.

While Remus, Lily and Marlene was making the cake, and buns and stuff, James and Sirius had made Harry breakfast, and were currently putting up the rest of the banners all throughout the house using the secret passages along the way not to wake Harry or Daisy from her second nap.

At nine o'clock they heard the sound of muffled feet from upstairs. Sirius turned into Snuffles and ran up to Harry's room to be greeted by the boys smiling expression. "SNUFFLES," Harry yelled as he ran over to give him a hug. Harry adored Sirius when he changed into to Snuffles, because he would always let him sit of his back and carry him around everywhere, which is exactly how he got him down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Happy Birthday Harry!" Everyone shouted. Lily and James came running over and lifted Harry off Snuffles back.

Only once he was off, Sirius stood up and went and gave Marlene a quick kiss on her forehead. Pulling her in for a hug Sirius whispered softly into her ear. "This will be us one day babe. Soon we'll have baby Padfoot and we'll be celebrating." Smirking Marlene thought of her future life, with Sirius in his childhood home he one had despised so much that was filled with hate and angry, but only now replaced with love. "Yeah. And I can't wait."

Remus who was lovingly holding a soundless baby Daisy who was barley a few weeks old in his arms smiled all around the room. Love was all he saw; Lily and James holding Harry in their warm embrace as he ripped open all him presents; he saw Sirius holding Marlene in his arms while they both looked down at the baby bump with misty, glassy eyes - yes they may have lost their many people that they loved dearly, but they had each other and that's what really mattered.

*****

"Uncle Paddie. A stick. A proper stick. Tank you!" Harry screamed as he ripped the wrapping paper of his first ever proper kit. A single tear rolled down James' face.

"It's always a happy day, when your son first enters the world of sport. My, is this what my father felt?" Laughing Lily wrapped her arms around her husbands stomach as she pulled him into a hug.

"Come on Harry, we'll play properly together. You and me, first to 100 wins, okay?" Sirius said, as he bent down and took Harry's hand.

"I better go with them," Remus began, as he handed Daisy back over to Lily. "Just incase Sirius tried cheating Harry - again!"

While the remaining adults all sat down at the dining room discussing everything and anything, sipping their tea, Remus was trying not to shout aggressively at Sirius who was bending the rules so he could win against Harry. Who would have thought, James the chaser with terrible eyesight, whose son, with equally bad eyesight would be such a brilliant seeker - and he was only two!

"It's not fair. He's only going after the snitch because's its 'shiny', the boy said it himself. I declare myself the winner." Sirius shouted climbing up into the treehouse following Harry. Remus who remained on the ground rolled his eyes, and headed back into the house.

*****

"Well Harry since I'm so amazing and well dare I say it myself, incredibly handsome. I think it's only fit to pass you on some wisdom you know. Father to son?" Eagerly looking at his so , who only clapped in response.

For the past hour James was trying to convince Harry to come with him to a secret place, but Harry was reluctant. All he kept doing was clapping and laughing.

"Lily!" James squealed. "Our child is broken. He doesn't want to explore his home, he just wants to sit here and watch you read. I blame this on you."

"How is he broken, and why is it my fault? The only thing I did was bring good looks and a brain into the family," smirked Lily, who was clearly enjoying this.

"Oh and don't forgot the personality," Sirius screamed from the other room, carrying hot chocolate.

"Shut it, Padfoot! May I remind you that this is my house, and not yours." James who was growing more annoyed by the minute of Sirius quick, dry sarcastic comebacks, just fell into his seat.

Harry got up and ran over to his dad, and jumped on him. "Dad?" Harry whispered.

"What, my little Specky?" James said in a tired tone.

"Can we go look around the house now?"

James immediately sat up from his seat and smiled. "Son, it's time to show you what my father showed me, when I was your age. Come along now, my little Spectacle."

Lily who was sitting up now slightly intrigued, with Daisy in her arms, laughed silently. James wouldn't shut up for half a year when harry was born about his second birthday, he never did tell her what was involved in it, but sure enough Harry would tell her. He'd spill anything for some of her ginger cakes.

So authors note. Sorry I didn't upload sooner, because my school started back on the third, and it's been non stop homework. That and my autocorrect on my phone hates me; Sirius turns to Sofia, James turns to Jack and Jane. Remus sometimes turns to Remi. Why? Ohh and don't even get me started on Marlene. 😞