Chapter 8 ~ Christmas

Peaceful weeks went by, and James, Lily and Harry tried to live a normal life. They were still apart of the Order of the Pheonix, but the meetings were rather dull. Their had only been one since the start of November and it was they deciding to shut the organisation down. Until another threat loomed.

With no sign of Voldemort, their was no activity. No deatheaters prowling the streets in search of their next victim. Practicing wicked spells on unfortunate people passing by - magic and non-magic.

Order was restored.

Christmas Eve night was a calm, dreamy night. Lily and James invited practically everyone over to spend the night with them. Remus, Sirius, Mary MacDonald and Dorcas Meadows, and Marlene McKinnon, and baby Neville, son of Frank and Alice Longbottom; he was dropped of by his grandmother who was spending the night at bingo!

During their stay, Harry received a staggering amount of presents that he tried to eat, and a snitch he almost chocked on curiosity of the famous Sirius Black, Lily almost burnt the Christmas dinner, and almost broke her neck in an attempt to save Harry falling from a treehouse- correction being thrown from a tree house, again the suspect the famous Sirius Black.

"Lily, chill. When I was Harry's age I was thrown from the top floor of my house in an attempt to see if I could control a broomstick. It's all good," stated  Sirius, in a slurred way.

"Sirius, how much have you had to drink?"

"A bottle, I swear. And then another. And then another and then I found this little cupboard that was full to the brim of expensive loving drinks. And I just had to take it."

During his speech, Sirius was resting on an armchair, but by the end he was on the ground kicking his feet in the air humming some song, from the 60's.

"I give up Sirius Black. You shall be the death of me," she ending on a sour note, leaving Sirius to singing a Elvis song.

Walking back into the kitchen in anger, Lily's heart soften when she found James and Harry attempting to doc the dinner. Harry in a high chair pointing at random things, and James  casting spells at the things Harry pointed at.

"James, this is wonderful, did you do this for me?"

Startled, James turned around and have a sheepish grin. "Yes, but it was all our little
Prongs. He pointed at the objects, and I fixed them."

"Oh James," Lily began, but she was stopped by the tears escaping her eyes and falling down her cheeks.

"You don't need to say anything, but I think that since this all in order, we should go into the living room and have fun. Okay?"

"Yeah, that's a great idea James."

*****************************

An hour later Neville and Harry were put to bed upstairs, and were asleep in seconds.

The living room was occupied with several 21 year olds, and talking and gossiping, while Sirius doing most of the gossiping.

"And did you hear, she went to get her money back, but they wouldn't accept it because the boots had a scratch on it. Now girls, obviously Sarah was near tears, they were a present for her wee niece,  but I'm telling you, if I was Sarah, I would have taken out my hoop earrings and I would have shoved them up that assistan-"

"Right guys, it's time we tell you," James sent, getting up of his sit. "Lily and I have some wonderful news," he continued putting a comforting arm around his wife. "Well you see, we're expecting a child, a little girl."

Silence.

The chatter stopped. The breathing stopped. The rooms atmosphere just screamed shocked.

"WHAT. AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU KNOWN THIS? WHEN WAS I TO BE TOLD? Questioned a demanding Sirius.

"Aww, who cares I'm gonna be an uncle again."

The room burst into chatter, and screams from Sirius about the dream quidditch team.

After the noise died down, Lily announced that the baby would be due in May, and that Severus would be the Godfather, and that Mary would be the godmother.

"Listen I don't care what you all think about him. He was my first best friend, and I think that this will reunite our friendship and all the hate will be gone. "

After arguing her point, no one saw any point in arguing with her. She has her mind made up, and that was how it was gonna be.

"Wait, so just so you know, no one will be able to replace the original godparents. Myself and Marlene were and our the best. Which brings me to my next subject."

Sirius grabbed Marlene and pulled her to the centre of the room.

"It's time. Okay. As you all know I was going out on dates for these past couple of weeks."

"And so was I. But none of you knew who we were going out with. Well As you know, we dated in Hogwarts but broke it of when we left Hogwarts due to the fact that we didn't know what was going on between us. But now. For the past eight months I have been dating Sirius Black, and I couldn't be more happy.

Sirius pulled Marlene into a kiss, while everyone clapped. James was flabbergasted; he never thought that his other part of him could keep a secret like that for so long.

After the cheering, Sirius got down on one knee and said, "Marlene McKinnion, the love of my life, I've known you since I was 11, and even then I felt my heart beat faster when you came around. I didn't know, but I was slowly falling in love with you, after every single glance. So will you do me the honours of becoming my wife?"

Everyone in the room could be mistaken as statues; no one moved, no one even dared to breathe. Three surprises in less then 10 minutes! How much could their hearts take?

"Yes."  The one word everyone was dying to hear. The one word that seems so easy to say, but one can barley manage to same, came so easily to Marlene, why, because she had been dreaming of this day since she was eleven.