Chapter 12 ~ The Receception

This is it.

This is the moment I've been so eagerly waiting for.

This is the vows.

"Marlene, my love, from the moment I met you, I knew you were special. I know we may only be young, but I'm glad I was able to meet you so early on. I'm glad that I'm not only meeting you now because this means I have to many memories with you. When I look back over my school days, not only can I remember the pranks I pulled but the people I met and the remarkable friendships I made, and to know, that the love of my life was always there."

Silence

Sirius started stroking Marlene's hands while she read her vows, " Sirius the moment I knew I loved you, was when in fourth year, you fell of Hogwarts roof in an attempt to catch a rare butterfly for me. To go to all that trouble just for me to see something more closely for about two seconds was incredible. You could have used magic, but instead you decided to do something really sweet. From then on, I couldn't stop staring at you. I noticed more and more about you, how you stick your tongue out when your really trying hard to master a spell and squint your eyes when you're trying to think of a new idea and that's what I love about you."

Tears sprang out of nowhere on Marlene's face, this was it! Nothing could ruin this day!

Both Sirius and Marlene zoned our the entire wedding. They just stared into one another's eyes full of love and lust, not even daring to look or listen at the minister incase they perhaps missed something. The only time they listened in was the vows, the most precious words of all, and of course the last words.

"Do you, Sirius Orion Black take Marlene Averice McKinnon to be your wife?"

"I do."

"And do you, Marlene Averice McKinnon take Sirius Orion Black to be your husband?"

"I do."

"Then I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride!"

Thunder claps boomed around, shattering ears of those next to them, but atlast, they didn't care. They had just witness something special. No matter what had occurred in the past for either Marlene or Sirius, they didn't care, because all they needed was each other, and that was what they had.

In true style, Sirius and his beautiful beaming bride walked hand in hand down the aisle before swiftly lifting her up bridle style, carrying her to the tent beside them; the one that held the party!

*************************************
Everything was great.

The slow dance was great.

Harry's freestyle solo was great.

James took pride, in telling all he taught him those moves. Nothing could ruin this magical day until... the doors dramatically open. Unexpected guests arrived, the famous Lucius Malfroy, and his beloved wife and son.

"Interrupting am I?" I don't mean to be a burden, but my wife here thought you deserved a nice little gift."

The chatter stopped, everyone was on the tip of their seats. What was going to happen? What was Sirius going to do? What's Marlene going to do?

Smiling Marlene straightened up and spoke, " Lucius, Narcissa and isn't it Draco, please take a seat." Taking look around the room, to see wide eyes, Narcissa pulled her husband over to a table to sit beside people, "more like them."

If they thought this was going to ruin the mood, they were wrong, everyone went right back to normal chatting and loving life. After a bit Sirius and Marlene made their way over to the Malfoy's table, to "talk..."