1.16 | PJM

— why can't i justforget?

— why can't i just
forget?

OCTOBER 15:
PARK JIMIN

==

"we have to go to useol."

seokjin is frantic: pacing back and forth in the relatively cluttered space of namjoon's living room, eyes wide, fingers drumming against his thighs. the six other men exchange looks of confusion and mild incredibility.

namjoon finally breaks the silence. "what?"

"we have to go to useol, i sent you guys the text, you understand, right? taehyung—no, whatever the fuck that thing is, i don't know—there's something in useol that's important—"

"slow down, hyung," hoseok interrupts, grabbing seokjin's arm. "we saw the text, we know. but don't you think that—"

"and you saw it, right? the 325? christ—" he wrenches his arm free and faces the others, wetting his lips out of habit. "it's so damn obvious!"

the briefest moment of silence passes through the room, and jimin shrinks further into the corner of the sofa. he really wants to believe that the newspaper and video is as big of a sign as seokjin is making it out to be. but for all they know, the whole situation could be a literal misconception, some cruel joke played by nature; hell, they don't even know how the newspaper found its way into namjoon's jacket, much less the author.

"look," seokjin quiets his voice, finally standing still. "i—i know this seems like such a small thing to be going to another city for. i get that. but all of these events—the subway, taehyung's movements, the newspaper—it's too planned, too obvious to be a coincidence. you saw the indentation around the date, right? what else could have made it?"

"i don't know," jimin finds his voice running without realizing it, "i can think of a lot of things, seokjin, just not the fucking nail of a monster."

"jimin," yoongi hisses warningly.

"no, i'm serious, alright?" jimin leans forward on his elbows. "i'm not going to travel 325 kilometers to just search for something we don't even know—that's just stupid. you realize taehyung and the fucker that has him are still here in sunab? he could be doing crazy shit to this city as we speak."

"i get that," seokjin responds, struggling to maintain a calm tone. "and i know that traveling costs money we don't have right now, but—don't you want to get to the bottom of this?"

"for christ's sakes, of course i do!" jimin stands up, anger etched into his words and he's just done. "but you know what? i don't even know if we can even save him in the first place. i don't even know if he's alive right now. do you understand?" seokjin opens his mouth to speak, but jimin continues. "you weren't at his funeral. you didn't watch his coffin be lowered into the ground as you watched his mother sob at the platform alone because her husband committed suicide from the grief two days before."