2.12 | JHS

— invincible doesn't meanundefeated

undefeated.

OCTOBER 21:
JUNG HOSEOK

==

it's been less than twenty or so minutes since hoseok arrived at the parking garage, and seokjin has paced up and down the stretch of the floor nervously for every second of it.

"seokjin, would you quit it?" haewon snaps, wrapping a torn piece of hoseok's shirt a bit too tightly around his arm. when he winces in response, she mutters a quiet apology. "all you can do right  now is have faith that namjoon and jimin are okay and away from harm."

seokjin sighs. "i know, but—"

"we can't risk going outside. not yet, at least. didn't namjoon tell you to look out for yourselves first?" she gestures to hoseok, who sits tiredly with the back of his head against an old car door. "besides, hoseok is hurt. it's not like he'd be able to move with us."

"look, i'm just worried, okay?"

"and we are, too. but have a little faith in your friends, alright? they've survived this much, they can survive it again."

it's not that easy, hoseok wants to say, remembering the crazed look abraxas carried (he didn't even think it was possible for that monster to actually reflect expressions). it's not that simple to get out of the woods alive; the only reason he had a chance of escaping is because of jimin. and right now, jimin could be being chased by that insane demon, injured even worse than hoseok is.

or even dead, a voice in the back of his head whispers, but hoseok refuses to listen to it.

suddenly, a familiar, low rumble resounds from the lowest level. it's an engine: namjoon's truck engine, to be exact. hoseok knows from the rhythmic sputter of the gas after every few stretches of seconds. he scrambles to his feet, ignoring the numb pain pounding in his legs, and rushes to the center of the level pathway. "listen, they're—" but before he can finish his response, haewon is roughly grabbing his arm and pulling them to the side, gesturing for seokjin to follow.

"we can't be for sure that's them," she whispers, ignoring hoseok's incredulous stare. "what if it's abraxas?"

"when the hell has abraxas growled like a truck engine?" hoseok says, exasperated.

"well, you never know, just think about all the stuff it's done before—"

a pair of bright, blinding headlights flood into the dim floor, causing hoseok to subconsciously raise a hand over his squinted eyes. before he can turn to haewon and give his famous impish smile, maybe a sarcastic "i told you so", both doors to the truck open. when the lights dim, he notices, to his relief, it's jimin and namjoon. except—