1.17 | MYG

— what does it want from us?

  — what does it 
want from us?

OCTOBER 16:
MIN YOONGI 

== 

he just doesn't understand.

not that yoongi ever has in these circumstances, but now—more than ever—he's utterly confused, utterly bewildered at just how close that monster is to their heels. how the hell did taehyung blow up a building in useol mere moments after the six of them decided to go there, yoongi is confused, he's so confused, so fucking confused

"shut the fuck up, min," he grumbles to himself. and it's an odd feeling of déjà vu when those words slip past his lips, with his anxious fingers clenched onto the steering wheel of his father's old car, almost as if it's exactly like all those days ago (which, he realizes, isn't as far as away as he first imagined). and he laughs because of that.

yoongi turns to the passenger seat, half expecting the security camera to be there.

it isn't, of course, but the thing that shakes up yoongi the most is that if it were, he wouldn't have been the slightest bit surprised anymore.

==

"a week leave?"

"look," yoongi takes a deep breath, "i know it's a lot to ask, but—"

"damn right it is!" his boss leans against the counter of the convenience store's check-out, thick eyebrows furrowed on his block-like face. "first you let some slum boy destroy the door without even getting compensation from the detective agency, and then you take off three days without warning because you fell of a damn tree? the hell am i supposed to think, kid?"

it hurts, yoongi realizes, how much he's had to hide from the world so people wouldn't classify him as insane, as a wild lunatic. because—however stupid—, falling off a tree sounds much easier to accept than explaining how some paranormal demon chased you into the woods and almost killed you with his bare hands. he would have come up with a better excuse if he had the time, but being put on the spot in a room full of judging doctors isn't exactly an easy environment to think in.

fuck my life.

"i—i know, sir, i really do." yoongi rests his elbows on the counter and stares at the glass surface with nervous eyes. "look, i know i've been a shi—a terrible employee, and i only started working here like two months ago, so it probably looks even worse, but—" he chuckles bitterly, looking up at his boss's unimpressed gaze. "god, how do i explain this."

"yeah. i'd really like to know why you need a goddamn week off. this store is operating on stilts, yoongi. you realize that? i can't afford a lazy employee."