- Don't Tell Me You're Not One For Charm -

Hermione

"I don't see what you're so angry about." I said, cheeks red.

His mouth fell, "What do you think I'm angry about!?"

I held out my hands and said, "Well, Draco. That's kind what I'm asking!"

He threw his hands up, "You keep letting that stupid Weasel into your head!"

I laugh, "Letting Ron into my head? I'm pretty sure you're the one who always gets in my mind!" I said.

Draco's face softened.

Let me take you back one hour ago...

I sighed as I walked down the hall towards the flat Draco and I share. I turned as I heard someone's voice, "Oi, Hermione!" I turned and saw Ron jogging towards me.

I sighed and clasped my books in my hands, "What is it, Ronald."

He sighed and scratched his neck. He was taking forever and I wanted to change out of these robes and lay in my bed. So, I rolled my eyes and started walking.

Ron ran after me, grabbing my arm and stood in front of me. I could see the portrait of Fred, the entrance. A mere ten feet away.

I growled frustrated, "What is it Ronald!? Spit it out!"

He huffed, "I want you to take me back." He said.

I looked at him blankly for about ten seconds.

"No," I walked on.

9 feet... 8 feet.... 7 feet... 6 feet... 5 feet... 4 fe-

Ron grabbed my hand again and pulled me around, he looked mad, "No one says no to Ron Weasley."

I scoffed, pulling away, "I believe I just did, thank you."

3 feet... 2 fee-

Ron grabbed my shoulder and growled at me, my heart jumped in a moment of fear. "Fine. But just so that you know, I'm much happier with Lavender than I ever was with you."

I laughed, "You're just saying that."

In the back of my mind doubt rose up. Is he just saying that?

I then mentally slapped myself.

He just bloody asked you to take him back idiot. Of course he's just saying that.

He snarled, "Malfoy can have you. You're nothing but a filthy know it all anyways."

I gasped.

Ron scoffed, "I bet if I went in there right at this minute, Draco would agree with me."

Pure disbelief was scrawled across my face.

"How does it feel Hermione? To be forced to marry someone who doesn't love you back and thinks you're the dirt under his shoes?"

I shook my head, "You're jealous Ronald Weasley!" Tears stinging my eyes.

He shrugged, "Maybe. But you're going to pay." He flashed me a wicked grin and I flinched as he walked away.

"RONALD BILLIUS WEASLEY! WHAT WOULD MUM HAVE DONE IF SHE HAD HEARD YOU SAY THAT!?" an outraged Portrait of Fred shouted after him.

Ron seemed to want to show Fred a certain finger.

"It's fine, Fred." I said.

Fred scowled, "No, 'Mione. It's really not."

I shook my head, "Weasley." I said.

Fred huffed, but reluctantly let me in.

"I can't help it Draco!" I said, "When someone is telling you all of this awful stuff... you start to believe them."

Draco was still pissed, "You can't! You just can't let that happen to you!"

I walk up to him, "Easy for you to say!"

Draco's face turned beet red. Pure anger and frustration was written across his face. He raised his hand and I stepped back.

Draco's face turned pale and for the first time in a long time... I saw Draco Malfoy, the Slytherin Prince.... cry.

Draco collapsed onto the floor in a heap and sobbed.

"Draco!" I said, kneeling next to him.

He scooted away from me, shaking his head, tears trailing down his face. "No, stay away from me. I might- I might hurt you!"

My heart broke as I saw the man that I loved, the man that was supposed to be cold and heartless and mean, sobbing in a heap on the floor in front of me.

"Draco, you're never going to hurt me!" I said, kneeling over him. He looked at me and my heart continued to break.

"How can you be sure!?"

I shook my head, "That's just not who you are!"

He shook his head, "I'm going to be just like my father." Realization hit me like a wall. His father beat him and I'm guessing his mother by his reaction, now he's afraid he's going to do the same to me.

"Draco," I took his chin and lifted his face up to mine and smiled at him, "I love you. And I trust you with my life. Trust me, you're never going to hurt me."

Draco sighed, "You know, I'm supposed to be the strong one."

I smirked and kissed him, "One thing you'll learn in this relationship is never to underestimate smart women."

He chuckled, pulling me into his arms,"You know, I thought that punch meant something."

I laughed.

"So does this mean we got through our first fight?" I asked.

He shrugged, "I suppose so."

He turned to face me and said, "Well, I guess we deserve some happiness right now."

I laughed, "Oh yeah?"

I grinned, "What's that?"

He grinned and took my hand, kissing it, "Hermione Jean Granger, Would you do me the honor of being my date the the Winter Ball?"

I laughed, "Laying it a bit thick there aren't ya?"

He stood up, picking me up with him bridal style. I squealed in surprise and clung to his neck. He spun me around and threw me onto the bed, landing beside me, "Oh come on, Granger, don't tell me you're not one for charm."

I laughed and shrugged.

He grinned, "So is that a yes?"

I kissed him.

He nodded, "Yes."

I laughed and nodded, "I'll give you the privilege of taking me to the Winter Ball."

He grinned and pulled me beside him and kissed my head, "Night Granger."

I grinned as I rest my head on his chest and close my eyes, "Night Draco."

*---*