- Handful -

December 1. 

You know, it's kind of that time when everyone just wants it to be the 20th. They want this stupid potions test tomorrow to be over and they want to be able to drink warm butter beer at Hogsmeade. 

Hermione's been studying for it 24/7. And knowing her, that's not an over exaggeration. I groaned, "Granger, what could you possibly not know by now?" I asked. She scowled at me for a second, looking back at the text book. 

I rolled my eyes and sighed at her. Her chocolate brown eyes reading the textbook word for word, unlike the rest of the school who scan every page and hope they get a decent grade. How she taps her foot every once in a while after she finds something she doesn't know and repeats it over her head several times. 

The way strands of her hair stick to her moist lips, but she's too busy study to notice and to care. The way she arches her eyebrow whenever she comes across false information. And those are just some of the reasons why I love her. 

She's not like other girls. She doesn't giggle and cuddle and want to snog every two seconds. Instead, she insults you. With an immense amount of sarcasm and sass coating her words. She doesn't say, "I love you" like a normal person. Instead she'll shake her head and laugh, looking down, trying to hide her smile and say, "You're an idiot." And let me tell you, if she calls you an idiot... you're a lucky man. 

"Shouldn't you be studying too?" She raises her eyebrow at me. 

I roll my eyes, "Nah, I'll just copy off Blaise." 

She scoffs, "That's an awful idea!" 

I sigh and nod, "Yeah, you're right," I see her smile and nod out of the corner of my eye, "Blaise doesn't know what the bloody hell he's doing. I'll just copy off you then." 

She looked at me, "You're an idiot."

I grinned.

"You're not cheating. I'll help you study, here." She grabbed my textbooks from my lap and said, "Alright, what can cure a victim of a poisoned drink?"

I groaned. I knew the answer, because of all the hours of studying! "Can't we just go to Hogsmeade like the rest of the school?" I asked. 

She rolled her eyes and blew a lock of hair out of her eyes, "The whole school isn't going."

 I raised my eyebrow at her. 

She sighed and bit on her lip for a second. Godric, I loved it when she did that. "Fine. You get this question right, we'll g-"

"Bezoar." I immediately said. 

She nodded, "Correct." She smiled a little bit. 

I rolled off the couch, "Great, now let's go." 

She sat up and said, "Hold on, let me get my jacket." 

I sighed, "Accio jacket." She grabbed the black coat flying at her and gave me a look. 

"Are you a witch or not?" 

She kind of pouted for a second and said, "Hat and gloves." 

After what felt like summoning her entire closet, we were finally off on our way to Hogsmeade. After Umbridge left Hogwarts so many years ago, McGonagall changed the rules for trips to Hogsmeade. I mean, you still had to wait until third year to go, and you still needed permission slips if you were under age. But you didn't have to go with a teacher. It wouldn't have mattered anyways, I probably could've convinced her to sneak out anyways... maybe.

The snow was falling slowly, yet heavily. Snow was stuck in her hair and her eyelashes. She shivered as a snowflake melted at the touch of her lips. I silently stepped to the left and pulled out my wand, still in step with her. I flicked my wand and a large snowball flew  to the back of her head. She immediately turned to me and a snowball flew and smacked me right in the face. She laughed, "You're an idiot." 

I shook the snow off, "How'd you do that?" 

She laughed, "Wandless magic. You should try it sometime."

I scoffed, "But wandless magic is extremely advanced!" She nodded as if waiting for me to have a point. As I was gaping at her, I failed to notice the avalanche of snow five feet from me. 

She laughed so hard she was rolling on the ground at my face. 

"You're a handful." I raised my eyebrow at her, which caused snow to fall. 

She smirked, "That's why you've got two hands." She said and kissed me on the lips, the heat of her lips melting the snow some more. 

She pulled back as snow from my head fell onto her face. She laughed and helped brush off the rest of the snow. "I'm cold. Let's hurry to the three broomsticks." 

I scoffed, "You're cold." 

She laughed and grabbed my hand, "Hurry up you bloody ferret." she said, pulling me along. 

*---*

Dramione <3