Boarding with Boys

Ashley's POV

I'm moving. Again. This would probably be the 5th time at least for the past 2 years. For once, I was actually hopeful that we would be here for my senior year. Wishful thinking, I guess.

This is all my dad's fault. Ever since my mom died 4 years ago, he's been on the move. He's a principal. He's got that strict, serious look about him, but don't let that fool you. He's as fragile as anyone who lost their best friend. Like me.

I've made a few friends. My besties are Sharon Peters and Missy Jameson. Now, I have to leave them and make new friends like I have done so many times in the past.

"You're so lucky, Ash," Sharon whined. Her chin was propped on her hands. She had this dreamy, distant look on her face. A blush crept up her deathly pale skin when she realized she had been spacing out.

"You okay?" I asked. She nodded and smiled.

"Gee, I cannot believe you're seriously going to be the only girl at the school," Missy said. I shrugged.

It was true. My dad was becoming the headmaster of an all-boys boarding school. He somehow begged the people to let me in.

"I'd rather have you with me," I sighed. Missy nodded and so did Sharon. They both hugged me tightly.

"Keep in touch, okay?" Sharon said. I nodded and promised her I would.

"Love you," both Missy and Sharon said. I grinned and blew them kisses before sliding into the limo that would bring me to the airport and to the new boarding school. My dad's already there. The only reason I've stayed back was because I made him feel guilty for moving us again. I should have that right. He's taking me away from my friends again to another new school.

Did I mention I was going to be the only girl?

Finn's POV

I was listening to some music on my iPod when Carter came in. Carter is my roomie. His hair was wild and his face looked freaked like he was somewhere he shouldn't been. Carter's is always somewhere he shouldn't be. Usually, he sneaks off campus and has sex with his girlfriend, who is older than him by 2 years.

"Hey Finny," he said, jumping onto his bed. The sheets were dirty and smelled. Heck, the whole room stank because of his side.

"Where were you last night?" I asked calmly. I've learned to pretty much stay out of his business. He shrugs.

"I broke up with Lana," he said.

"Really?" I asked. He was constantly breaking up with her because he wants to see her beg to have him back. That's just how his messed up mind worked.

"Yes really. I saw her kissing Pete a few days ago," he said, shrugging. My eyes widened. Pete was Carter's younger brother. Man, Lana is something.

Suddenly, the door flung open and an excited Kyle rushes in. He's our other roommate.

"We have a new headmaster!" he yelled.

"I heard about that," Carter said, rubbing his chin. "Henry Thomas, I think that was his name."

"I heard he's real strict, even more than Headmaster Montgomery," Kyle said. Headmaster Montgomery was our headmaster last year. He's been around for awhile. He's really old and super strict. It's a shame he died over the summer. Ha, not.

"How do you know all of this?" I asked.

"Come on, Fin. Who do you think I got all this from? It's Wes, of course," Kyle said. Wes is the fourth and last of our roommates. He knows pretty much every little secret.

"Anything else?" Carter asked.

"Yeah, there's going to be a new student. Probably H.M. Thomas's son," Kyle said. H.M. was short for headmaster. It was shorter and easier.

"Where's the dude rooming?" Carter asked.

"Apparently his own room. Guess it's good to be the son of the H.P., huh?" Kyle said.

"We should head out to the introduction thingie, I want to see the dude," Carter said. I threw on a black T and followed Kyle and Carter out the door to the stadium where an old man stood. He wasn't as old as Montgomery, but his hair was practically gone and was both gray and brown.

"Dude, he looks like shit," Carter said. We heard a snicker and turned to see Wes. He sauntered over and nearly tripped over Carter's foot. We laughed. He made a face and sat down next to me.

"Hilarious, guys," he said. Carter continued to laugh until I smacked him in the back. H.P. Thomas cleared his throat into the microphone and got everyone's attention.

"Hello. I am Henry Thomas, and this year, I will be your new headmaster. I am very honored and you should know that things will be tough with me around," he said. Carter scoffed. "This year we will be trying to find out what you are meant to do in life and help you accomplish your goals. I hope that you will enjoy this as much as I will."

"Who does he think he is?" Carter asked. I nudged him in the side to tell him to be quiet.

"Without further ado, I'd like you to meet the new student. My daughter."